Thread: Recharge Port wires

Exclamation Recharge Port wires

I've seen lot of recharge ports in the pommel of the saber, attached to pommel insert. So, my question is:

How you guys keep the 3 wires coming from the recharge port in good shape, while they twist very badly every time the pommel is screwed on?

Thank you

You should pre-twist you wires 7 turns counter-clockwise. That way, when you screw the pommel on, it un-twists them. Hopefully that helps.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

I know some people also will leave the insert "floating" so to speak and anchor it to their chassis with a rod, this way it stays where it is when the pommel goes on.

I know LDM did it recently....*goes to try to find a pic for you*

This was the best i could do, i think he showed it in a video...You might PM him for pics of what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by Shadar Al'Niende; 01-02-2010 at 09:14 AM.
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

If you have a recharge port, you don't need to keep unscrewing the pommel, that's part of the reason for having an actual recharge port.

If you're only using it for a kill key, then I'd locate it somewhere else. Since you will need to open the saber to change/recharge batteries.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalema View Post
    It's for kill key. I'll just hope that the wires will be ok when I screw the pommel.
    If you are going through the effert of making the kill key why not just wire up rechargeables?

idk. I just feel like Im not ready for those yet. I will use rechargeable NiMh batteries, but they won't be in-hilt rechargeable.

Usually if its in the pommel.. most people un-screw the nut that secures the recharge port..

so it can spin freely in the pommel insert..