Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Black-listed website! Avoid www.saberforge.com!

Default Black-listed website! Avoid www.saberforge.com!

Well, I have never done this before, so I hope this amplifies my seriousness.

AVOID www.saberforge.com!

Online aliases include: SaberForge and airsoftmode.

Summary: Despite many mixed reviews, but none like my problem, I decided to place an order with www.saberforge.com for TWO (2) of his SaberSound 1.0 boards. At this time there were more than 50+ boards listed as "in stock" and they were temporarily discounted from $59.99 down to $49.99. On Nov.29, 2009, I placed my order totaling $117.98 and immediately paid through PayPal.

On Dec.03, 2009, I received a shipping notification that my order had shipped.

On Dec.15, 2009, I received a package from SaberForge. The customs slip indicated that the contents included two (2) sound boards. Inside, there was only a single board. The shipping envelope arrived in good condition, with no rips, tears, holes, and gaps created when initially sealed. Also, the package was NOT opened by customs.

I immediately emailed SaberForge at the email address indicated on his website (sales@saberforge.com). I was very poilite, and made no accusations. I sent another email again on Dec.16. I sent another email on Dec.22 to another email I dug up (airsoftmode@earthlink.net), and another on Dec.23 to both email addresses. I did not receive a single reply. I even sent copies of these emails from a second email account of mine. I also sent a PM on the TCSS website and the FX-Sabers.com website. Still nothing.

On Dec.28, 2009, I sent a final email. With no sign of reply, I am resorting to this step. If there is time left, I will investigate generating a PayPal complaint. I may be out $50, and do not want this to happen to anyone else. I will be seeding this post on numerous websites to maximize coverage.

For additional details, here is the "whois" profile: http://www.who.is/whois/saberforge.com/
    This Jedi Ranger has a name....Terek Kelrune. Don't forget it.

I figured the same thing, that with mixed reviews I'd give him a shot but after some Shenanigans on one of his ebay aution I went through I thought again. I thought this would interest people about how he looks at his business or his "hobby" as he sees it:

"I own www.saberforge.com, basically I machine custom sci fi props for middle aged nerds all around the world. Oddly enough you can make quite a good living doing this. And since it was my hobby," off his Myspace page.

Best advice for anyone that wants one of his sabers is to have it made by someone else.

It's really sad .... because he makes nice looking sabers .... however, the wiring is crap and he will mislead you into thinking that you can upgrade his sabers !!!

I am probably stating the obvious ... but it is very difficult to get anything inside his hilts (very small diameter), not to mention, the saberforge installed LED is nearly impossible to remove. I bought one for my son to duel with .. Good price and thankfully I didn't lose any money from my purchase but I got what I paid for but ... cheap price for Very Poor Quality !!!!
    “He's a friend from work.”

Council Member
    Sith Lord

SF's reputation is horrible. That is a known fact on FX Sabers. Shop at TCSS, where you actually get quality parts, not butchered aluminum.

I will leave this topic open here, in case he wants to respond.

If you don't have any business with Saberforge, don't post here anymore. I will delete your posts.

Be sure to keep things civil. No flaming, just state facts. They speak loud enough.
    Last edited by Lord Maul; 01-02-2010 at 01:52 PM.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Exclamation

To be honest, I'm really shocked. I ordered a SaberSound when they first came out and it got here in a week... however, looking at all these reviews somethings gone horribly wrong. If its that bad, surely he would close shop to get his current orders and ISSUES sorted? No?

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

I will say this. While his electronics are questionable, bad wiring and faulty soundboards come to mind, but I love his hilts. I buy them without electronics and install them myself. Sure, they have limited space inside. I see that as a challenge. There hasn't been any of his hilts yet that I haven't been able to install full electronics including sound. They just take a little ingenuity. Now his shipping may be slow, but hey, he's building these hilts by order. Just because you placed your order on a wednesday, doesn't mean he can jump right on it and build it. He may have ten sabers in front of yours. I have NEVER had an email go unanswered, and I have sent him alot. My suggestion would be to go to his website and send him an email directly from there, through the link.

Jedi Ranger,I have dealt with SF in the past, even have a SS1.0 I haven't used, but it does work, so looking up the phone # provided by godaddy.com it is a cell phone # and searching under his name netted me a home phone #, if your interested in it send me a pm, you might get a better result calling him at home.
    Last edited by Kal El Rah; 01-02-2010 at 07:35 PM.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

wow.. I had a reply up here..nice to see I'm not allowed an opinion -_-

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Read my post people... No opinions unless you have had dealings with him. Otherwise he will just skip over the thread like he has on FX Sabers.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Default Saberforge View

Hey All,

I had seen that this is where people that had sabers done by Saberforge. Very well done saber kind of hard to figure where the battery pack went to however he was able to help. First time I ever bought a saber but at a good price and I would buy again from him.