Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34

Thread: Custom? (The start of Crystal Focus)

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

lol, nice

BLUE 3- Ready

That's funny. I did notice a strange excess of loud static when I was turning the volume pot with an all-metal screwdriver... I was worried it was a short or something. I guess I'm just not on the right AM frequency.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

LA send in a recording of it playing AM radio

FB, that is funny snitz right there
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Quote Originally Posted by LordArgyll
    That's funny. I did notice a strange excess of loud static when I was turning the volume pot with an all-metal screwdriver...
    I have not experienced this effect...

I guess the screwdriver’s not long enough to do that...

Story of my life...

Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

you can get AM radio there if you're lucky
    the noisy effect is due to the fact your body is electrically connected to the amp, makes the same effect as if you're touching the male jack on a guitar amp (when it's out of the guitar). You can also have reached the end of the pot : the wiper is not touching the track of the pot, only your body => loud loud noisy effect !

okay, some news ! Go the new prototype working with 16 bits sounds... so clear, no artifacts, much better representation of the sounds. Now comes the hard part, I'm using a new processor, and various different changes, so I have to turn the whole thing to the original behavior, without bug. Like any code port, you have some side effects, and for now hot removal of the sd card leads to strange behavior, I have to fix this. When it will be stable (milestone 1) I'll start adding new features. I'll start a new thread just like xwing suggested : "what would you like on buttered toast v2 ? Jam or Marmelade ?

Erv'

Quote Originally Posted by LordArgyll
    That's funny. I did notice a strange excess of loud static when I was turning the volume pot with an all-metal screwdriver... I was worried it was a short or something. I guess I'm just not on the right AM frequency.
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com