Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom? (The start of Crystal Focus)

Council Member
    Sith Lord

dude!!!!!!
    that thing is sweet!!!!
    great job erv
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Okay, Erv. No fair holding out on us, now. How long before these go on sale? Now I've got a massive hankering for a lockup sensor.

What is life but the passage to death?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Sweet... is this a mod to existing modules or something else? Me likee.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Awesome work Erv count me in for a couple as well.
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before Me"
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Hi ! thanks for the feedback
    Be sure I don't want to keep you away from this. Xwing, you're right, that's a mod of my sound module, simply added a resistor and took a free input of the microcontroller to hook up the sensor. Then, it's "simply" a new firmware. BtW, when I'll release something mass produce (new within a week or two, I hope), there will be an option for buying a programming cable so that new features of the module can be uploaded inside (not to say for fixing minor bugs as well ).
    Now, about this very sensor system, the sensor itself is classic technology, hookup to the board is really simply, the only problem is reliability. It work for me now, but relies on mechanical properties and design of the hilt and blade mount. I might indicate how to do it, but final implementation will be done by the customer, since it's really different from just shoving a pack of module inside the hilt. It will probably require machining and trimming.
    I'm continuing my experiments, and be sure that if it's possible to do properly, my module and firmware will have this option !
    Erv'
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

Default Custom sound

About the custom sound, I love the idea. I am currently in the process of building custom lightsabers for some friends (we dress up and fight...) and needed a sound board. I built the blades like MR does, with a bunch of LEDs rinning up the blade. I used 3/8 polycarbonate for the blades, and they look nice, but without sound they are kind of cheesy...
    I am planning on using the ISD 25xx chip (maybe the 2560) for the sound board. This is great!

I have to jump in to ask two questions here.

I love the idea, I am all for trying everything and anything but...

Will that board fit in sabers? I could not seem to find dimensions. It could be just cause I am blind.

What will be used to trigger the motion sounds?

Long story short, you don't want to do it a way that may cause problems.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

james: You've never been to Erv's website before, have you? You should go. It would stop these kinds of questions from making you look like a total padawan. I know you're not.

What is life but the passage to death?

You talkin to me DD?
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Dadderall
    james: You've never been to Erv's website before, have you? You should go. It would stop these kinds of questions from making you look like a total padawan. I know you're not.
    He was talking about the chip the other guy is planning to use not Erv. :P
    RED LEADER Standing by!