Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom? (The start of Crystal Focus)

VEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY good ! I love it...
    Hey gentlemen, pyjama parties are over, now it's called saber n' toast parties
    concrete news : I went backward on my luxeon driver, added a few transistors, but now, I need a break : I've spent 5 hours on it and still haven't the exact behavior I'd like, that's to say a constant ignition ramp for the led brightness whatever the voltage is between 4 and 10V. Almost done anyway, it's just a tiny detail, I want this ramp to be smooth, perfect, and same duration than the sound while the batt are getting down. Would be simple if electronics, LED and step down converters would be linear, but that's not the case...
    So, I went back to my optimization maths books, and I'm putting all of those in equations. But for know, I just have a headache
    I think I'll also export the parameters of the ramp, just in case someone would like to mod it for getting special behavior of the blade. As the rest of my setup, it will be a simple param to change on the SD card. Retractation effect is working perfectly.
    Back to the whiteboard, it should be finished by tomorrow. Then I'll have the energy shimmering and clash effect to implement in the firmware (much easier to do), and the new board will be finished !
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

Oh heck yeah! So this is going to be like in time for the Holidays thing?
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

Wow that would be great, I know what I am asking Santa for this year.
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before Me"
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by GFORCE13

Wow that would be great, I know what I am asking Santa for this year.

just buy it and send Santa the bill....!!
    All things a beginning have.
    As all things do an ending.
    Be not too hasty from one to the other to move, or much will you miss, along the way.

Do you know what the board's final dimensions will be?
    Speak softly and carry a big lightsaber.

Maybe the dimensions will change a little bit, but for now, my prototype is 64x27 mm including the SD card (slightly stinging out of the board so that you can take it).
    I might succeed in having it 1 or 2 mm shorter. Width is imposed by the SD card holder (I know, mini and micro SD exist, but no one is wishing for the moment to pay 25 euros more just to get it smaller )

Some updates : It was worth blackening (don't know if this word is correct...) 2 sheets of paper with calculations. I ended up with an automated dimming curve control using only 2 parameters.
    The 2 values are setup in the SD card, and I've just finished trimming 4 sets of parameters to go with the following configurations :
    7.4V / 1A
    7.4V / 750 mA
    5V / 1A
    5V / 750 mA

at 7.4 v the ignition ramp stay constant in shape till roughly 5.5V, plenty of autonomy. The dimmer shows a little quick increase of brightness at the end of the ramp when the power supply voltage is < 4.5V, when you get really close to the forward voltage of the LED. This threshold is lower for a red or red orange led.
    This did not happen on my previous luxeon driver cause there was no timeline in it : now the system tries to get a nice ignition brightness ramp, synchronized with the duration of the power on sound and constant over a range of supply voltage. The previous version was simply doing a little increment on the brightness control along a fixed duration. Depending where the increment stopped (ie when the desired current was reached) the ramp stopped, hence with a variable duration depending on the batteries state.
    LED current was also put as a parameter on the SD card. Remaining tasks are now :
    - motor force feedback
    - energy shimmering effect to re implement

I'll post a video after that.
    Erv'
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

What's the ID of the ribbed section in millimeters? Anyone? Bueller?

I left my metric micrometer in my other pair of pants

Edit: Any update on a projected ETA and/or Cost? And, if this is appropriate, (if not ignore me) are you going to offer these threw Tim?
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

25.4mm is an inch... so slightly over an inch.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Default Does anyone ever read this part of the post?

Quote Originally Posted by xwingband
    25.4mm is an inch... so slightly over an inch.

I knew that...

Well I should have at least....

This is good news. I will have plenty of room in my hilt for it then.
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

That will be an important feature; making sure that it fits in the MHS system without problems. I think I shorted my Corbin board like a rank n00b trying to fit it in the ribbed section. >.< Now it's direct drive for me until this job drops. Oh, well. This will give me time to work on my hilt properly. Patience.
    We Sith do not do "patience" well.

What is life but the passage to death?