Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Jay-gon Jinn's Luxeon Rebel Star Try-out

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    did you hear about ledengin 5w same electrical needs and much brighter?!
    Yes, I've heard of it...I have one that I haven't used yet because it's a pain in the butt to solder to. They are currently not available mounted to a star pcb since LedEngin apparently changed the led.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Note on soldering your "star" LED modules...I'm sure everyone knows this, but after much trial and error with these I had a "slap the forehead" moment. Don't solder wires to these while they are attached to the heat sink. The heat sink does it's job VERY well and sucks up all of the heat from your soldering iron making it a bit like trying to stick chewing gum onto oily wax paper. Of course, I didn't realize this until after I permanently stuck the LED to my "new style" heat sink with the adhesive patch. DOH!
    "So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life." -- Genesis 3:24 Lightsabers are real.