Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay-gon Jinn's Luxeon Rebel Star Try-out

That's what I was thinking, xl, a shim of some sort might help eliminate the need to glue in your lens holder with these.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Thanks for taking the time to do the side by side comparisons. It was very helpful.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

If you use a standard lux 3 holder and lens they should work just as good. I have not tested this but they look to fit to the LED dome the same. When doing it this way there is less of a height issue as there is with the rebel lens holder. We have some washer shims that will work good to use between the blade holder and lens to take up any extra space.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    If you use a standard lux 3 holder and lens they should work just as good. I have not tested this but they look to fit to the LED dome the same. When doing it this way there is less of a height issue as there is with the rebel lens holder. We have some washer shims that will work good to use between the blade holder and lens to take up any extra space.
    Yes, I can confirm that this does indeed work, Tim. I just tried it with one of your lens holders and a 10 deg lens, and it worked just fine. No rattling due to a loose lens holder.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Using the thermal tape underneath the led may also take out some of the extra space. It won't take out much, but it should be enough.

Thanks for a great comp. Is the one you used the 38 or 48 at 700ma.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Thanks a lot for doing this Jay! Can't wait to see the green comparison. The Rebel green specs look real promising

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

That reminds me I wanted to sit down one day and work out a way to power a tri-Rebel using... hell, whatever I could. Thinking perhaps the new LED driver on a paralell circuit with an MR board for sound may work, though it'd require a DPDT switch and probably a resistor or inverter on the MR board...

Bah. I'll just scribble a note on my whiteboard and go to sleep. 0337 is not my best designing time; I should have learned this lesson by now.

Very nice comparison Jay, thanx a lot it helps very much in choosing a future light source.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Green comparison is going to be awhile...I'm out of extra heatsinks at the moment, and don't feel like desoldering my other led's....I know, I'm lazy...

The green Rebel Single I got was also not the brightest one, but the most comparable in price to a green Luxeon III and Seoul P4, so it is the dimmest version of them.