Thread: LED noob still and I have rgbw questions... Sorry

Default LED noob still and I have rgbw questions... Sorry

Ok the Ledengin brand led the rgbw, I understand to mix green and red to make yellow I believe, do I need resistors to make a good yellow? Also will any of the tcss lens and holders work? I'm sure I'll need to mod it but which ones will work with it? And it's a 10w so do I need to do anything special tonthe PC? Sorry for the noob questions I just want ti understand the rgb, rgbw, and rgba for future builds, I have a journal I write all your help down in so I do t ask the same questions. And yess I have googled and looked on tcss but I'm unlucky or just not searching the right thing thanks in advanced.
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

The red dies almost always overpower the others by quite a bit. The most effective way -and the way most people do it- is to use potentiometers in place of a fixed resistor, and dial in the color you want. Then you can check the resistance across the pot, and replace it with appropriate resistors.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man how to build a lightsaber and he will forever feast on tauntaun carcasses and aqualish arms. TimeRender
    Jesus pogostick what kind of Rodian clusterbomb is this? DD
    TCSS: It's all my favorite people I've never met, all in one place

I'm kind of like yourself in that I've spent a few hours searching RGB topics and am limited in what I can find. I've seen a few different kinds, but have no clue even after googling of a good place to purchase an LEDengin or Seoul P5 RGB. Not much written about the Rebel Tri Stars, or at least not that I can find. The search option is frustrating in that you get tons of threads that are newer and contain a key word but just waste your time after going through page after page and the keyword was just an afterthought inside the thread. I would assume discussing somewhere good to buy an RGB LED would be ok since TCSS doesnt carry any, so its not really a competitor.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That's kind of a gray area.

Since some of the places that carry RGB LEDs also carry single die LEDs, it's still best not to link to them on the forum.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Oh my god. I'm seriously not in Kansas anymore.

it is a gray area and we can discuss and send you in the right direction but can't link due to they sell similiar stuff that Tim sells

new to RGB Google 3w RGB and you will come accross a deal extreme link and you will get a cheaper alternative which is pretty decent and they ship free
    They are a good alternative to try and master your RGB skills before going and using the higher end RGB ...but I would suggest to read as much as you can about them before you try to wire them up

Gracias sir. I'm guessing this is the one with 23 reviews and most saying that the polarity is different than normal?
    Last edited by Darth Nater; 07-23-2011 at 04:48 PM.

I understand the grey area thing sorry I do t want to get banned lol I've already given tim almost a grand lol and I would like to keep giving him money
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"