Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Jay-gon Jinn's Luxeon Rebel Star Try-out

I finally received my high binned Rebel mounted to a star and installed it into the saber that housed the previously rated high binned Rebel from 2 years ago.

Very bright.

I have no other saber to compare it to except the Yoda FX, but it dims the stock MR by a good margin in comparison.

Topic Resurrection for a small update! I finally got myself another saber to use to test the green high-bin Rebel from the store here against a green Seoul P4.

The top saber is a simple stunt running a Corbin v1 driver board providing 1A(1000ma) of current for the Rebel green and is using the correct Rebel lens holder and 8.7 degree optic. Blade is a 1" x 36" TCSS thin-walled Trans-white with ~6 feet of polypropylene film and a modified blade tip.

The bottom saber is Brass Saber 22 (BS-22....more on that saber tomorrow ) and is running a CF 3.1/4.1 hybrid board and is powering the P4 at 1.2A(1200ma) with a static (solid) blade; i.e. no flicker and a 5 degree optic. Blade is a 1" x 36" TCSS thin-walled Trans-white with ~6 feet of polypropylene film and a modified blade tip.

On to the pictures:

The camera settings have been altered slightly to adjust for a more real-world looking image. There was no flash used in any pictures.

Oh, and here's one with the camera simply set on auto with no flash:

So, to me, they look on par, with the Rebel to my eyes being slightly brighter even if the P4 is a bit over driven. I also like the shade of green from the Rebel better, too.
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 05-12-2010 at 08:46 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Nice comparisons. I've been thinking about replacing my amber Lux III with an amber Rebel using a 1000ma buckpuck with it. I'm still a little new to all this and wasn't sure if I'd fry the Rebel.

yeah that is some great news! the earlier rebel green images were sort of disheartening, though I realize the older pictures were of the older model, not the current highest.

I am planning to run my rebel green at 1200mA, so overdriven a bit, I hope it looks as nice as yours.

Ah justice is done. Looks great. Thanks for the comparison. For good results use the 8.7 degree optic that was mentioned.

What color bin is the Rebel?
    Follow Your Bliss

Quote Originally Posted by psab keel View Post
    What color bin is the Rebel?
    I have no clue, as there are no bin coding numbers on the back of the star.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

So in a nutshell:

for blue = P4 over Lux rebel
    for green = Lux rebel over P4

???

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Well, this thread is over a year old, and Tim said he will be getting new, brighter Rebel LEDs in stock soon, so maybe the new blues will be brighter than the P4s.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

did you hear about ledengin 5w same electrical needs and much brighter?!