Thread: 1.25in Sink Tube Spear?

Default 1.25in Sink Tube Spear?

Hi folks. I was taking apart my first ever build, using the TCSS 1.25in Sink Tube Blade Holder and was considering using the same BladeHolder to make a Light Spear/Yuri. Only issue I can find is:

1. How to keep the battery pack safe and sound down the length of the 4-5ft of tube needed for the spear body?

2. Where to find a PVC or other light weight tube that will fit the 1.25in BladeHolder. I can find tons of cheap PVC in the 1.5in range, but the spacing means having to find a filler to make the contact flush between tube and Holder. I know the simple option would be a wooden spear shaft with a small coupler section of sink tube at the tip to allow for the BladeHolder, but there must be other options that won't get too heavy.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Darth Abominor; 12-27-2009 at 04:17 PM.

I made a light spear out of 1" electrical conduit. I tapped and threaded it to hold a blade. It was pretty heavy. You could use 1" pvc- same as in Jay Gon's tutorial or you could use copper pipe with a coupling and tap and thread that.
    To hold the battery pack at the bottom, I stuffed the inside of the conduit with foam pipe insulation.

You could also bring the blade holder to Home Depot/ Lowe's or whatever home improvement store is in your area and test fit it into various pipe.
    Last edited by Ingchao; 12-27-2009 at 04:25 PM.
    Darth Flatulous

Was trying to avoid a metal shaft if possible. All the metal tubes on which the BladeHolder was tested for fit were way to heavy for 'fun use'. Though I have to ask, how is the use of a 1in PVC tube going to be of any use with a 1.25in BladeHolder, considering that the BH is normally inserted into the 1.25 tube material?
    Last edited by Darth Abominor; 12-27-2009 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Abominor View Post
    Was trying to avoid a metal shaft if possible. All the metal tubes on which the BladeHolder was tested for fit were way to heavy for 'fun use'. Though I have to ask, how is the use of a 1in PVC tube going to be of any use with a 1.25in BladeHolder?
    It's an option, you don't need the bladeholder with. 1" poly-c fits right in.
    Darth Flatulous

Means 'making' an LED Sink/Lens setup inside a 1in bit of tube, like an Econo-US blade. I had considered that, but then the BladeHolder is useless and I have then to learn a new building style.

Yeah, but you can build another saber with the bladeholder and you can never know too many ways to build a saber.
    Darth Flatulous

*phef* education. That's the last, more reasonable, route I will take if I can find no other way to reuse the BH without sticking it back into a metal tube at some point. Thanks for the input.
    Last edited by Darth Abominor; 12-27-2009 at 08:16 PM.

You're welcome.
    Darth Flatulous