Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Luxeon 5 Watt brightness

Default Luxeon 5 Watt brightness

I am thinking on getting a luxeon 5 watt. What is the brightest color? I noticed that Ultra has a silver colored blade option on his site. Also, need a few tips on the battery type. 9Vs seem to die fast. Not sure about AA and AAA. Any tips? Is it possible to combine Corbins blade film with Tims diffuser? I remember someone doing something similar... or was that with the polyproprolene(sp?). Does anyone know whether or not a 5 Watt can compete with the Hyperdyne blade I have?

I need heatsinking tips as well. []

"There is no try, only do"

-Jedi Master Yoda

Get a MHS hilt with an extension piece, use a 6 AA holder, and pick whatever color you like 'cause your eyes play a bigger factor in what is the brightest then any silly ratings.

I think so far your the only one here that has one of them hyper blades so when ya get yer 5W Luxeon saber you can tell us[]

Ultra's silver is the white Lux5 and you can get the discs for a buck in the store.

EDIT-the MHS w/ ext will be plenty to heatsink the LED and if your really feeling frisky you can use the AA rechargeables which have been discussed before the new ones are better then the crap from a few years ago.

<center></center>

James, did you mean the 4AAA battery holder? I don't think the 4AA fits in the hilt section.

Nope, I ment 6 AA. It has only two rows of three and it works like butter. If you use a 4 AAA on a 5 watter your runnin short. Although a 4 an a 2 AAA together would work well. You really want to get your 9 volts so you can get your maximum current to that board.

Forgive me Tim for I have used a battery holder from some of my old truck stock[B)]

<center></center>

My hilt is being machined by Randomsabers. Its a LED ready saber thats probrably going to come sometime in september. long wait I know. But its worth it. A massive 14.5" saber should be good... What resistor should I use if any at all?

-Jedi Master Yoda

Very nice. You can use the resistor calculators which are plastered all over the place. When in doubt just use the 5w that Tim has in the store.

<center></center>

Couldn't I just use the 4AA Sanyo rechargables provided here at TCCS? Will the 4AA holder work and fit into a 1.5" hilt? Than wire something to power the sound? Might need to check Radioshack for the charger, but the nearest Radioshack is like 2 blocks away from my house.

-Jedi Master Yoda

You will not have enough mojo with only 6 volts so using the recharge pack while not a bad idea, won't give you the best fire in your blade.

<center></center>

Just checked my local Radioshack. Couldn't find 6AA battery holders. The employee just stared at me like I was crazy or something... He recommended Li - ion batteries. However I don't know how to use those.

-Jedi Master Yoda

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I think I remember Radioshack having a 6AA holder... I'm not suprised the employee gave you the "[?]" look, lol. Li-ion would mean you'd need to mess with rechargables.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>