Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another MHS "Nanoha"

Default Another MHS "Nanoha"

I had done this hilt for awhile but just never felt like posting about it. The main body was kept as it was but now it has powder coating done on the ribbed section and blade holder.

Running an MR Maul soundboard, 4 AAA battery pack rechargeable batteries with kill/recharge port, P4 white with lee filter (trying to get a pink color going)

Anyway, pictures says it all.

Cookies for the ones that know where the name comes from.
    twitch.tv/sigfreda

Quote Originally Posted by Tomoyo View Post
    I had done this hilt for awhile but just never felt like posting about it. The main body was kept as it was but now it has powder coating done on the ribbed section and blade holder.

Running an MR Maul soundboard, 4 AAA battery pack rechargeable batteries with kill/recharge port, P4 white with lee filter (trying to get a pink color going)

Anyway, pictures says it all.

Cookies for the ones that know where the name comes from.
    Cute! Did you have Tim powder-coat the pink, or did you paint it? Nanoha would be a reference to Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, whose staff has a pink grip. Am I right in thinking your handle comes from the Clannad character? Both Tomoyo and Nanoha are Japanese women's names. I personally know one Tomoyo (a former student), but I can't think of a Nanoha I know personally.

I think the best way to get exactly the pink you want is to use an RGB LED and use potentiometers to find just the right resistance for each color.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Thorn View Post
    Cute! Did you have Tim powder-coat the pink, or did you paint it? Nanoha would be a reference to Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, whose staff has a pink grip. Am I right in thinking your handle comes from the Clannad character? Both Tomoyo and Nanoha are Japanese women's names. I personally know one Tomoyo (a former student), but I can't think of a Nanoha I know personally.

I think the best way to get exactly the pink you want is to use an RGB LED and use potentiometers to find just the right resistance for each color.
    Yup Tim did the powdercoating.

Cookie for the reference but you gotten the reference for my handle wrong. Not from CLANNAD but from an older series =)

(Also I think I put this in the wrong section~)
    twitch.tv/sigfreda

nice and simple. diggin the pink and the name ahahaha.

matt the name is from the anime Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.
    ...YUP!

Yup Tim did the powdercoating.

Cookie for the reference but you gotten the reference for my handle wrong. Not from CLANNAD but from an older series =)

(Also I think I put this in the wrong section~)
    I'm stumped. I've also been more of a manga fan than an anime fan, so I have trouble distinguishing between all those lavender-haired characters.
    Yeah, you should put this in the gallery.

Well I recalled I had the LED from a "Joe Jedi" saber so I figured, what the hell. Might as well use it for now until I find a better one.

Much better.
    twitch.tv/sigfreda

Well I recalled I had the LED from a "Joe Jedi" saber so I figured, what the hell. Might as well use it for now until I find a better one.

Much better.
    So you mixed the colors to get the pink you were looking for? It's pretty bright, considering that it's a 1-watt LED. On the other hand, the Construction Set only has one color on at a time, so I shouldn't be surprised that it's brighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Thorn View Post
    So you mixed the colors to get the pink you were looking for? It's pretty bright, considering that it's a 1-watt LED. On the other hand, the Construction Set only has one color on at a time, so I shouldn't be surprised that it's brighter.
    Yeah pretty much.
    twitch.tv/sigfreda

Default Tcss

Thats a cool saber Tomoyo. I've heard of that series. And it's cool that you're an Elfin Lied fan. (Knew what the pics were, just took awhile to comment on it). XD Elfin Lied is awesome, I may watch it tonight. Cool pink blade by the way, never seen a pink one before I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergarcia87 View Post
    Thats a cool saber Tomoyo. I've heard of that series. And it's cool that you're an Elfin Lied fan. (Knew what the pics were, just took awhile to comment on it). XD Elfin Lied is awesome, I may watch it tonight. Cool pink blade by the way, never seen a pink one before I don't think.
    Jay-Gon done a "pink" saber blade before by my knowledge.
    twitch.tv/sigfreda