Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 5 watt graflex

You got that right.

Back to the topic though, do you use one in the top and one in the bottom or just one? I have been trying to get that two inches worth of light up the tube and it has been interesting.

<center></center>

God, I hope I am here to witness it, with my luck ill be on vacation or something.

Yes, James, I am hopping eventually that problem will be worked out....I have tried a few different things, with no noticable change.

Photon, have you had any clients have any problems with the 1/16th walled blades, strength wise, or weighting issues? Also, you use enough of the film to make up the 1/16 gap between Tim's diffuser and the blade? I also have problems keeping the tips on my 1/16th blade, they fly off a hell of a lot easier than my 1/8 blades. Thanx ahead of time Photon.

<center></center>

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Albert Einstein

I use hot glue for the tips and clear stretchy bonding tape around the seam of the cap.Just a thin strip of it.
    2 "of light? are you referring to the chrome strip at the base if the blade?
    That is the core effect. Also the longer you make the silver chrome section, the more it travels up the tube. I am not sure how far you could take that, But I know that I have used a 4" piece and witness 4" of saturated light travel past the blade holder.you will notice that too,But you must use 7/8" ID because of the angle of light reception. As for the mirrors I only use one mirror at the top instead two. Another idea that im working on is to have an end cap with two 45* angel mirrors at the top to redirect the saturated light back down the tube.

formerly Ion Sabers
    Inventor and founder of the Luxeon blade since 2000

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

So this "chromed" part... does it extend past the emitter? I messed with stuff at the base but didn't go past the emitter opening. because it showed. The difference was quite small but there and enough to warrant the little it costed.

I've always wondered what a blade made with the one way mirror film would be like. With all the reflection back inside, how much would go outside? An interesting thought.

What makes you think a 45 beveled mirror setup would help? I'd think that would make a "bloom". I really think a solution to making Lux sabers more even is in the optics. All the ones we use are meant... well for flashlights. Even with the 5, or whatever angle, it throws out some light to the side.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

I've already experimented with mirrors at all angles and configs. You'll probably find pics of 70% of them on this forum and others. I have not put a one way glass at the hilt end and a mirror on the tip yet though. I think the light would be intense as it bounces back and forth on the two mirrors but constantly recharging itself. Just a thought.

I believe your going to find more saber builders out there than you can shake a stick at. Some that have been doing this for several years to the guy that has just spent a month on his first saber. Some people don't know that I have been doing this for almost two years. You'll find guys making big claims to firstness. Remember with a R & D department as big as the one we have i don't think there will ever be an Ultimate saber without a new one around taking it's place so take advantage of new discoveries and learn from 1000's of researchers right here.

Glad to learn from all of you

Hey Photon is there a way to direct the light just on the blade leaving the core empty. Maybe some sort of eclipse optics if ya get what i'm suggesting. Somtimes my delivery does not get my concept accross so imagination helps alot when i explain stuff.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by photonalterations

Hey, nobody is saying to go out and buy broadband mirrors. No one is forcing it down the throat. People want to know what I use and its as simple as that. There is no sale going on here. People ask me questions and I answer them as carefully as possible.
    Whatever works for people as long as they are happy with that.It's their business. I came up with the whole film/mirror blade thing in the first place as IONSABERS. Corbin ordered from me and used my film idea. He asked me all kinds of questions before you guys ever existed years ago. I am a developer and will continue to research. End of Story
    formerly Ion Sabers
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

thanx for sharing. i still ahve yet to give the chromed film around the base thing a shot to see if it will make the blade brighter. i really need to try that out. question tho, do you insert it on the inside of the diffuser, or between diffuser and poly c blade?
    i would think inside of diffuser myself.

<center></center>

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Depending on how deep the blade socket is, 2-4" of a chrome silver strip will do fine.This part is the last thing underneath everything else.
    This is going to sound dumb but how do you post pics on here?

formerly Ion Sabers

You will like this answer check the FAQ section and there are instructions for posting pictures.

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

i found some rolls of clear cellophane craft stuff in the craft area at wally world yesterday. its big enough to make a roll of it for a 36 inch blade but only 30 inches wide to roll up. i thought i might try this out as a diffuser, since some have used rolled up films, and i have 2 blades with corbins film in them. it was cheap at 4 bucks a roll.

<center></center>

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

This is way bright than any 3 watt
    optical light enhance blade
    working sound and light, the this is for you

This idiot cant even spell, much less make a quality product. They dont even take the time to make a decent Ebay ad with correct grammar!

BTW: How can this possibly have louder sounds using the stock MR sounboard, when Graflex hilts dont have the speaker exposed like the MR line does? If anything it would be quieter, since the only option is to drill holes in the Graflex cap, to allow the sound to escape. My Graflex is quieter and a bit muffled compared to my MR Anakin and MR Vader.... [xx(]