Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 5 watt graflex

Actually I have a source for the mirrors. They are not that expensive for the size mirror. You are talking about 1" and up that is pricey. These mirrors only make a tiny bit of a difference. Every tiny difference counts when trying to make the optical blade brighter.
    I use a 4 wire 2 channel switch for the 5 watt configuration setup. The switch powers on two separate sources at the same time Why do you think there is a 9 volt and a 4 pack? and I using Tim blade holder but with the 1 "di x 7/8 id blade because the optical effect works realty well with the larger inside diameter instead of the 1"DI x 3/4" ID blade. It just really depends on the wavelength. Blue requires the 7/8 ID for the 3 films to work. And another thing it all depends on what Luxeon optic being used. 5 degree and 10 degree are common. In my experience the 10 degree optics work better for the 3 film blade configuration. The one that Meridian had was a 1" 3/4" blade. As a result the optical could have been dim because of that. I still use the 1 "x 3/4" on occasion when the user requests one for his or her saber. One other crucial thing is that the blade can be no longer than 36 for the 3 film/mirror effect to work. Any other length will change the optical angel of light reception.Its really hard to tell the difference in these pics because the light distorts the hell out of the ccd's.To get a real comarison I would have to use a 35mm film camera.

formerly Ion Sabers
    Inventor and founder of the Luxeon blade since 2000

Broadband Mirrors? So, that means it allows high speed downloads, right?

On these Ebay descriptions, do they ever try to use proper grammar? If you're trying to make a sale, first impressions are everything.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Asuka Langley Soryu: I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you.
    -End of Evangelion

Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein
    -Rammstein

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by photonalterations

Broad band morrirs are not that expensive
    Actually I have a source for the mirrors.
    plus I use a 2 channel switch for the 5 watt
    Why do you think there is a 9 volt and a 4 pack! duh!!!!!

formerly Ion Sabers
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Well, duh![] I think we are versed in the power of a DPDT.

What do you define as not expensive? I saw $75 and around there for 7/8" mirrors... unless you are getting them around $20 I don't see it being worth it. Normal mirrors even it out pretty well... so unless it's doing miracles seems more like "It sounds fancy" factor.[)]

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

yesssssssss versed indeed
    you got it X-wing [8D]

It is also a matter of integrating a lot of equipment in the hilt.It would be awesome to have some kind of internal cavity that comes apart in two sections to hold everything in place.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Newport-Broadban...QQcmdZViewItem

Its nice to know there is another Goth on the board
    formerly Ion Sabers

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

lol, pyrex... I can't look at that and not think "I eat on that stuff".[]

More stuff I'll have to add to the "I'll have to experiment/play with later".[] Even at $25 it'd have do three kinds of "OMG!" to make me not buy a $3 pack of mirrors at Wally World.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

yeah, for the expense factor there, its cheaper to use a regualr mirror. so what if its only a tiny bit better. shoot, look at the pics i posted on the heiland synchronar i made into a vader saber. i used tims red/orange led, and tims blade and tip, i used a piece of mylar to reflect, and corbins film, single wrap. that sucker is way bright. that cool enough for me. myself, i just cant justify, spending a bunch more money for something that only puts out slightly more, when what we use now, is satifying enough, and impresses everyone i ever showed them to.

its just my opinion, but its not worth the extra cash for just a tiny bit of improvement.

<center></center>

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Hey, nobody is saying to go out and buy broadband mirrors. No one is forcing it down the throat. People want to know what I use and its as simple as that. There is no sale going on here. People ask me questions and I answer them as carefully as possible.
    Whatever works for people as long as they are happy with that.It's their business. I came up with the whole film/mirror blade thing in the first place as IONSABERS. Corbin ordered from me and used my film idea. He asked me all kinds of questions before you guys ever existed years ago. I am a developer and will continue to research. End of Story
    formerly Ion Sabers

Okay, thanx, appreciate the information, clears up a lot for a lot of people wondering a lot of things.

<center></center>

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Albert Einstein

photonalterations, I thank you for sharing the information, and am glad that you continue to look for new ways to improve the lightsaber.

<center></center>

No problem
    I am here to help and support too because eventually someone is going to discover the ultimate saber blade and we will all be here to witness it[]

formerly Ion Sabers