Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 watt graflex

Default 5 watt graflex

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...SI_PR4_PCN_BIX

Photon Innovations seems to have made a blade that is extremely and I mean extremely bright! Do you think Tim could make three films, and broadband mirrors?[] Plus it runs on 4 AAA and one 9v.

Thoughts?

"There is no try, only do"

-Jedi Master Yoda

Photon Innovations... they wouldn't happen to be the same as "Photon Alterations", would they? Alterations (if I remember correctly, and I may not be) was one of those lightsaber vendors that didn't have very high-quality pictures, which worked out to their advantage, as the sabers ended up looking ridiculously bright.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Nightwing

Photon Innovations... they wouldn't happen to be the same as "Photon Alterations", would they? Alterations (if I remember correctly, and I may not be) was one of those lightsaber vendors that didn't have very high-quality pictures, which worked out to their advantage, as the sabers ended up looking ridiculously bright.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yup, same. There pictures are crap. The 3W looks the same as the 5W. I do not put stock in in their graflex work either...

O-B 1, where are you getting the three films and broadband mirrors from? Based on other's reviews, a lot of their stuff is hype and marketing.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

In the description.... Here.

This auction is for a highly advanced

1/1 scale Graflex lightsaber made by Photon Innovations with blue Luxeon 5 watt with high voltage simulator and sound module.This is way bright than any 3 watt blue guaranteed. The saber has a 1" diameter blade by 36" it also has a 7/8 inside diameter. It comes with our new optical light enhance blade.

In this package you get

Graflex hilt

5 watt Luxeon 36" removable blade

High Voltage Vibration and

Master Replicas sound module

It is brighter than most standard Luxeon blue blades because yes we are doing something different.Our new optical light enhance blade is the next step. It consists of three films and broadband mirrors It runs off a 4 AAA's and one 9 volt .When you press the switch the saber vibrates and idles like a real lightsaber. The sound comes out from the bottom just like most sabers.The 5 watt Luxeon blade is one of the brightest blue sabers you will ever see.The sound is as louder than the stock Master Replicas FX sabers.This saber is a must have. If you are looking for an original movie scale lightsaber with working sound and light, the this is for you. This is a fantastic item for your dueling saber collection. And yes this saber is made to duel with. All Parts are manufactured from various vendors

-Jedi Master Yoda

Sorry for the double post. Just realized that it said that it used a MR sound module. I believe that the MR sound module couldn't handle 5 watts. Correct me if I am wrong Xwing.

-Jedi Master Yoda

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I didn't read the description well enough anyway.[] The MR board can't take the 9V. That's why they have two packs. The 4AAA and a 9V. The 9V would power the LED and the AAA's the sound. That's a really bad compromise as it means the sound will last much longer than the LED.

I'm not sold on the films I believe they are refering to. Meridian of FX said they have a diffuser like Tim's then a mylar one inside that and a smaller strip at the bottom to focus it. The small strip I tested and it does help. The mylar I haven't but I will. Meridian of FX-sabers said it didn't help at all.

Now broadband mirrors... Honestly, WTH IS THAT?!?!

</center>

Just a quick drive-by then back to workin on the house.

The broadband mirrors are so insanely expensive there is no way they could be in there. Poor folks wouldn't make any money on those sabers.

<center></center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Okay... I thought they were making stuff up there for a second. I looked some up... James is right. Those suckers are expensive. Unless they're skiming them from their dayjob I doubt they are using them/making any money.

</center>

Broadband mirrors are expensive... Extremely expensive...

Couldn't you achieve the same affect with Corbins film and Tims diffuser in one blade?

-Jedi Master Yoda

That may be a possibility, we had ours so tightly controlled in inventory that it was dang hard to walk with one. Oh well, like we have gotten into before, good luck to them. If they want to share their exact setup great we would all love to know but otherwise I just have to shake my head and wonder.

<center></center>