Actually I have a source for the mirrors. They are not that expensive for the size mirror. You are talking about 1" and up that is pricey. These mirrors only make a tiny bit of a difference. Every tiny difference counts when trying to make the optical blade brighter.
I use a 4 wire 2 channel switch for the 5 watt configuration setup. The switch powers on two separate sources at the same time Why do you think there is a 9 volt and a 4 pack? and I using Tim blade holder but with the 1 "di x 7/8 id blade because the optical effect works realty well with the larger inside diameter instead of the 1"DI x 3/4" ID blade. It just really depends on the wavelength. Blue requires the 7/8 ID for the 3 films to work. And another thing it all depends on what Luxeon optic being used. 5 degree and 10 degree are common. In my experience the 10 degree optics work better for the 3 film blade configuration. The one that Meridian had was a 1" 3/4" blade. As a result the optical could have been dim because of that. I still use the 1 "x 3/4" on occasion when the user requests one for his or her saber. One other crucial thing is that the blade can be no longer than 36 for the 3 film/mirror effect to work. Any other length will change the optical angel of light reception.Its really hard to tell the difference in these pics because the light distorts the hell out of the ccd's.To get a real comarison I would have to use a 35mm film camera.

formerly Ion Sabers
Inventor and founder of the Luxeon blade since 2000