Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jedi scattered across the galaxy (updated 5/28)

Default Jedi scattered across the galaxy (updated 5/28)

Ok, this idea came to me the other day, and I thought it was kinda amusing. People on the threads here are wanting to form saber dueling groups...trouble is, we're scattered all over the place like the Star Wars galactic map. So I thought it'd be funny to assign Star Wars planetary names to certain states/regions based on a similarity of either geography or indigenous people. Here's the map, followed by the new names (along with explanations if other than purely geographic similarities):

1- Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico = Tattooine
    2- Southern California = Naboo, because it's full of beautiful, rich princesses
    3- Northern California and Oregon = Endor
    4- Washington = Mustafar. Mount St. Helen's, 'nuff said
    5- Montana, Utah, Iowa, Idaho = Anoat System...because “there's not much there”
    6- Texas = Geonosis
    7- Alabama = Gamorr...if you can't figure that one out, you probably live there
    8- Florida = Bespin...lots of orange clouds at sunset (xwingband knows that!)
    9- North & South Carolina, Virginia = Moon of Yavin...scattered civilization, but mostly a bunch of #%$*@!!! trees
    10- West Virginia = Dantooine. Wasn't blown up but should have been anyway.
    11- New Jersey = Sullust. The underground is cool, but the surface is uninhabitable and smells like sulfur
    12- New York = Coruscant
    13- Vermont = Alderaan. Alderaan was a pacifist planet. Vermont is the origin of Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream and Phish. Must be blown up at all costs
    14- Maine = Mon Calamari, because they catch lots of bug-eyed fish there.

And last but not least....
    15- Alaska and our neighbors to the north in Canada (that was for you madcow), = duh, Ice Planet Hoth.

Hope nobody took offense if I ragged your homestate, just havin' some fun. If anybody has any more to suggest, have at it.

"Nothing's over until we decide it is...was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!!!!"

You must have been as boerd as me today! lol

You know,
    The first thing I thought of when I saw the map was, "Wow, cool! We can map out were we all live!"

Not to take away from your Topic, but you've inspired me.[8D]

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ
    Official Designated TCSS Jester!

Crap. I hate Geonosis. Actually, North Texas is like Tatooine, and South Texas is very much like Geonosis. You might wanna go ahead and split it. It's a big state anyway.

How about Illinois- Corellia-lot of shady freighter operators, and everything is legal-as long as you don't get caught[]

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

If Naboo wasn't so pretty I'd say that should be florida... a sizable part of the population can barely speak english.[]

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

i'm glad my state should have been blown up, thanks []

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Daj Nallig

How about Illinois- ...everything is legal-as long as you don't get caught[]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

That's because it's controlled by "the Huts" [][}]

<center>

Darth Raizzar
    -Brotherhood of the Sith-
    </center>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Wolverine
    That's because it's controlled by "the Huts" [][}]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Like what, Pizza Hut?? [][]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">9- North & South Carolina, Virginia = Moon of Yavin...scattered civilization, but mostly a bunch of #%$*@!!! trees<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

you know i might take offence to this but i like crystal snakes []i had 3 in SWG

<center><font size="1"><font color="maroon">Please read the FAQ and the Thread Index before you post.</font id="maroon"></font id="size1">

"Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."
    </center>

don't forget, I'm from NC []. keep the suggestions coming everybody, this is cool

"Nothing's over until we decide it is...was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!!!!"