Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 'Wizard' by Toukejin

Default 'Wizard' by Toukejin

My fourth lightsaber, Wizard. (as in "That wizard's just a crazy old man.")

Aluminum with brass accents
    Seoul P4 Green
    1000mA Buckpuck
    TrustFire Li-ion Batteries
    No Sound

Parts spread:

Accidental stereogram (doesn't work very well, but still kinda fun)

More photos available in the Flickr set. (Hidden until Christmas, wouldn't want to spoil the surprise.)

It's another Ben Kenobi inspired lightsaber, and 'sister' to Hermit. I almost didn't post this, since it's so similar to my last, but I wanted to know which people preferred. While both are my design, Hermit was made for someone else, and to meet that person's sense of style. This is my 'cleaner' version, but after building, I really don't know which I like more.

It's going to be a Christmas present for my father. Start to finish, this took me five days. Rush-building is no fun.

So, if anyone has time to spare an opinion: Hermit or Wizard?

Still very you, Toukejin, with all those layers and all.
    Once again a fine green saber

Keep it up!

mTm

Official Owner of Skottsaber at Bowling

I think i liked the heavier feel of hermit...i was looking at this and trying to figure out what exactly it was that i love so much about your sabers...

Then it hit me...

They look like someone built them....They look like someone took parts and elegantly, hand-crafted them to be a functional, deadly, lightsaber hilt...something you would expect someone to build..

Somewhat hard to explain, but everything about your work says LIGHTSABER to me...

Very inspiring!
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Quote Originally Posted by Shadar Al'Niende View Post
    I think i liked the heavier feel of hermit...i was looking at this and trying to figure out what exactly it was that i love so much about your sabers...

Then it hit me...

They look like someone built them....They look like someone took parts and elegantly, hand-crafted them to be a functional, deadly, lightsaber hilt...something you would expect someone to build..

Somewhat hard to explain, but everything about your work says LIGHTSABER to me...

Very inspiring!
    My thoughts exactly! Another awesome saber!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

That is outstanding work! I really like the choke point you made out of layered tubing.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Both are incredible. I am leaning more towards the Hermit.

great job. I like the use of the brass.

feels slightly leia, and its very similar to your "hermit", and woah thats alot of layers.
    i prefer hermit to this though.

I'm likin' Toukejin's style! Nice work once again

Quote Originally Posted by Shadar Al'Niende View Post

Very inspiring!
    I agree with this, like LDM, LM, Fender etc your work has a "i love my craft feel to it".

I'm liking this a lot; now though you need to take this and move it forward, as soon they may start looking too samey.

The work is excellent and very understated, I'd like to so your work overstated, maybe something a bit ****y almost.

5 Days to build...... OMG
    Last edited by Invisas1979; 12-21-2009 at 06:58 AM.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"