Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Varying lightsaber "voices"

Default Varying lightsaber "voices"

Something I've noticed from long, long hours of watching Star Wars is that there are at least three distinct "voices" of a lightsaber, most noticable when they ignite. There's the "old school" sound, the "sith hiss" sound, and the "new snarl." I know this isn't terribly helpful in describing them, so I'll associate voices with sabers:
    Old school: Luke ANH, Anakin ROTS
    Sith Hiss: Darth Sidious ROTS, Darth Tyranus ROTS.
    New Snarl: Luke ROTJ

Does anyone else notice this, and if so, does the "voice" of your saber matter to you?

What is life but the passage to death?

is this with regard to the sounds from the movies or from the MR sound boards?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by supertrogdor

is this with regard to the sounds from the movies or from the MR sound boards?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I believe he's talking about the movies.

I personaly like Luke's saber from ROTJ. I think it has a very "Clean" sounding ignition.

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ
    Official Designated TCSS Jester!

I agree with ya Firebird, Lukes from ROTJ is my favorite by far. Clean, but also somewhat agressive. Sounds like the blade is punching itself out of the hilt.

Update: I notice in Return of the Jedi that Luke's saber has at least two sound sets all it's own.
    From the beginning of the movie up until it is confiscated by Darth Vader before being brought to the Emperor, it has one set of sounds. During the duel with Vader, it changes to a second set of sounds. Most peculiar.

<center>

</center>

You guys have me intrigued. I'm going to have to pop in ROTJ this weekend and study the sounds. As far as the MRs go, Mace Windu's has a pretty nice growl.

Me too been a while since I have seen it will have to check it out.[]

<center>
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before me"

</center>

if you notice in epIII when anakin ignites his saber it makes the usual sound but when dooku ignites his it makes a clashing sound

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!....LOUD NOISES!!!
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

Yeah, Countdown, the Sith sabers all seem to be using the same sound set, almost a hissing, gas-escaping kind of sound. Very sibilant, very serpentine, and more than a little evil. I need to get back on Ep. 3 and check out Mace's saber voice. Now that I've noticed it, I'm really digging the second set of Luke's saber in ROTJ.

<center>

</center>

i now like the sound of sith sabers.

omg i wish hey made those kinda sith soundboards

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!....LOUD NOISES!!!
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com