View Poll Results: Which has the best Saber designs ?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Classic trilogy

10 16.95%
  • The Prequel trilogy

25 42.37%
  • The expanded Universe

24 40.68%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who has the best Designed sabers?

Default Who has the best Designed sabers?

I don't mean among the saber building community, I mean in the Star Wars universe. Who does everyone thinks has the better designed sabers? The prequel trilogy, the classic or the EU? To me there are definitely differences, the classic trilogy sabers are very functional and sort of industrial looking whereas the prequel sabers seem more elegant and designer style. From what little I know of them, the EU sabers seem to be more diverse than the movie sabers such as sabers built using a rancor tooth or something.
    For me I think the prequels have the edge, but thats just my preference.

Personally, I think the EU has the best designs. Mara Jade, Dara Jade, Kyle Katarn, Desann, The imperial Knight, the Yun, etc are all a little more intricate than the classics or prequel trilogy.
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

Well I'm an OT purist, but I'm going to have to admit that the EU has some of the best looking sabers. OT is a close second. PT sabers just don't impress me at all... And don't get me started on double bladed sabers... Blech!

I'd have to say the prequels. My favorite saber design ever is the Obi TPM. 2nd is the Qui-gon saber and third would be Darth Sidious.

Even though I voted for the EU, I think it is at an unfair advantage. It has a lot more opportunities for different saber designs than is possible in 6 movies. The movies just cover too little of the time period, and offer only a few saber designs of some major Jedi of that time. To me, it's an unfair poll.

But between the OT and PT, I would have to say the PT. Those sabers are much more streamlined and less "clunky" than Obi, Vader/Anakin, or Luke sabers, and streamlined is my preference.
    "The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

Sidious. Case proven.

^^
    The point of this is actually out to lunch.

I'd go with EU but the Maul is the best of the PT sabers and is better than all the OT sabers. IMO
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteen View Post
    But between the OT and PT, I would have to say the PT. Those sabers are much more streamlined and less "clunky" than Obi, Vader/Anakin, or Luke sabers, and streamlined is my preference.
    The thing you have to take into account there is that different sabers for different forms. Form V (Djem So) Focuses on brute strength aggression and power to break through your opponents defenses and Anakin, Vader, and Luke are all well known practitioners of this form. big and "clunky" is a basic requirement for the style enabling the wielder to maintain a solid grip on the saber.

That being said I am a die hard OT fan. I like the look of the PT sabers too but my loyalties lie in the OT

I voted for prequel. There are a lot more Jedi so there are more styles of sabers. They also look more elegant.
    So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteen View Post
    Even though I voted for the EU, I think it is at an unfair advantage. It has a lot more opportunities for different saber designs than is possible in 6 movies. The movies just cover too little of the time period, and offer only a few saber designs of some major Jedi of that time. To me, it's an unfair poll.

But between the OT and PT, I would have to say the PT... and streamlined is my preference.
    'nuff said...couldn't have said it better myself...
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~