Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is a clash flash possible on a US 2.5?

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    As an experiment, one could:

* Get an RGB or multi-pad LED
    * Wire up a direct drive setup and light up your "main blade"
    * When you have THAT working... add in another line to another pad/die on the RGB LED
    * Add a spring sensor/switch (clash sensor) into that new line
    * Turn your saber on and whack away... you should see a VERY VERY brief "glitchy" looking "flash on clash"
    Yeah, I recently tried this too. Waste of time. The flash was so quick that it was almost un-noticeable. I tried to shoot a video of it, and the duration was so short that the camera wouldn't catch it. You definitely need something to slow it down. I need to look into those 555 timers.

It's definitely not a waste of time in MY opinion. After all... at that point--you're geared up to delay the flash by any means you best prefer. Whether solid-state relay... 555 or 556... or... whatever.

Even other types of "weird" switches could be used, Obi-Dar... and you could ALWAYS simply set up a momentary button and "fake" it during clashes... or use it for lockup/etc.

But ok, this thread is about FoC *ON* an Ultrasound board. So again, that is a "no, can't be done". However, yup... to re-iterate... anytime you do "separate" circuits--most anything is possible.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

In his post he states he used a "force action" sensor with some "modification"? perhaps this 555 or 556 your talking about.

I'm not quite new to saber building... but I am new to the soundboards out side of the ECONO boards. I've recently acquired an Ultrasound 2.0 and was looking in to what it would take to do clash flash as well as lock up???

so I'm still researching this and therefor this thread caught my attention. If someone has figured a way to do this can someone please post a diagram if it works?

THANKS
    SITH

Necro'd by over a year, but since it was at least on topic, I'll cut you a little slack.

The last I heard of anyone developing a FoC driver was from Skott, you may want to check with him.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man how to build a lightsaber and he will forever feast on tauntaun carcasses and aqualish arms. TimeRender
    Jesus pogostick what kind of Rodian clusterbomb is this? DD
    TCSS: It's all my favorite people I've never met, all in one place