Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ultras Soundoard question

I feel like Hamilton(Hammy) the squirell in Over the Hedge whenever tim does that to us.....

<center></center>

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Albert Einstein

Ultra is using the MR sound card and speakers from Radio Shack. The one switch that is already there will work for both. He drills holes in the standard smooth end pommel. I am having him convert my MHS saber right now. The cost is minimal at $60 and since I can't do it myself its much better for me.

Zhi-don Aquintas
    XO RL Sunrider Base
    Treasurer/Head Instructor
    Lightsaber training OCSWS

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

There is more than one "MR sound card" which is what I'd like to know. Could I request a Vader if I bought one?

Whatever, we'll see what Tim is going to pull out of his sleeve. If it's MR boards HINT, HINT^^^

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

I know that I like the sound from my Anakin (05) much better than my Vader (05).

The Anakin has 3 clash sounds and 3 motion sounds while my Vader only has 1 clash and 2 motion.

Also the Vader takes forever to power down.

If I had the choice, I would go with the Anakin all day long.

Edit:
    Here is a sample of my Anakin saber that I recorded.
    Anakin MRFX

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ
    Official Designated TCSS Jester!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah, we can gripe on MR for the silly things they do, but even so I may want a "sith" sounding one and that certainly isn't the Anakin. Who knows it may not be MR boards, but that's the most likely option.

</center>

I can't wait to see what Tim has up his sleeve! Could be an end cap for the MHS that is drilled out for the speaker, similar to end caps that MR uses.

^I think it's more than just a pommel with holes. I'm crossing my fingers for a full "sound kit" or something.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Tim did posted a pic once of a MHS endcap that was prewired with a speaker but I think that somewhat loses the appeal of interchangeable endcaps.

I think a much more interesting thing for the MHS would be a speaker section. It would securly house the electronics and have "speaker vents" on the side. This would go in place of the extension piece.

I'm expecting something more mundane and would be satisfied with just a sound board, but suprises are welcome.[]

</center>

The best thing would to have a couple of choices, not just a sound section or a sound card.
    Cause if you don't want a longer MHS than you already have, (like me) a soundcard would be the best. Especialluy if you just hook them up on the rest of the electronics and and then just power the hole thing one, with one button

I'm a fourteen year old swedish teenager...so be patient...

I like the Mace and Vader sounds the best. But for now I am just waiting to see what he has up his sleeve.

<center></center>