Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MHS Based Jaina Solo EU Saber!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Default MHS Based Jaina Solo EU Saber!

Hello Saberland!
    The Vault is opened yet again to release a special saber! An EU character saber based on a design by Random Sabers: the Jaina Solo saber. Of course, since it was a purple bladed saber we jumped at the chance . What we originally thought was a simple design turned out to be subtly complex and quite fun once we got into the meat of the project. Coming in just shy of 11" and VERY well balanced. Every aspect of the design as a lot going on with it, the emitter with its KOTOR feel, and the hilt with it’s segmented areas framing in all of the key elements. One of these key elements is the bar graph. On most Random Sabers designs, the bargraphs are static doo-dads (at least that we have seen) and after seeing Eastern57’s Ki Adi Mundi replica and his scrolling bar graph, I not only had to have it lighted but scrolling as well Thanks EZ! Since we like to cut our butter with chainsaws around here, we decided that the bar graph wasn’t enough, and put in a green lighted switch and a blinking green and static purple accent leds. Combine all that with the high polish on the hilt and the bright purple blade and this is one fine looking saber!

Quick Specs:
    Custom machined aluminum hilt
    MR FX Sith board
    Vader’s Vault Opression Stopping Purpliscious Purple©
    Scrolling green bar graph
    Lighted green switch
    Blinking green and static purple accent LEDs
    4.8V NiMh batter pack
    In hilt recharge system

Pics:

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lLb7KrdQVM

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Just got done watching the video for this one.(I'm a YT subscriber )

Very nice hilt, and I love the accent LEDs and the bar graph. I always love seeing sabers from VadersVault. Keep 'em coming!!!
    "The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

Very nice.
    Probably my favorite "low-key" saber you've done yet!

Though, the switch looks a little out of place...
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Man, that is awesome!! Love the scrolling bargraph!! Where can I get one?

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I think Radio Shack still sells the bar graphs. I got mine from a surplus store when I lived in Orlando. There are also loads of online stores to get them from. Scrolling them, is up to you

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

That is another winner there Fender, loving the DEEP PURPLE . Keep'em coming.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Very cool saber.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Default led

LED bar-graph is shown to be a worthwhile en devour. How did you wire yours up? Did you use a PCB? I was working towards incorporating one with an accelerometer in mine but could not get the circuit to work correctly yet.

http://www.sci-spot.com/electronic/accelerometer.htm

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Very nice, Fender. I've always liked that saber design since I first saw it on Random Sabers' website years ago.

I love the scrolling bar graph. I never thought of green going with purple, but it kind of does.

The girl who ordered the first one from Random is a member of my Rebel Legion Base.

Then, a year or so later, another friend of mine in Virginia asked Random for one, so they changed a few minor details so that it wasn't an exact copy.

Quote Originally Posted by swear000 View Post
    LED bar-graph is shown to be a worthwhile en devour. How did you wire yours up? Did you use a PCB? I was working towards incorporating one with an accelerometer in mine but could not get the circuit to work correctly yet.

en devour? Are you going to eat it?

Endeavor.

I know how he wired it.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Awesome! The purplicous looks tasty as usual. I'm crazy about the gold/purple. Well trans gold powdercoat right? It's surprising how nice a cleaner looking saber can look when it's done right. Nice job.

Can't wait to see what's next.