Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: TCSS Sound boards?

definitely becoming THE one-stop shop. i love you tim.(not in that way)

This would be awesome!

It would be amazing if it had a sound card like CF or a selection of sound fonts on board or even just one but you could pick it from a list. I wish they had Pre-soldered wire leads. Soldering is easy but soldering boards scares me. Especially the US 2.5 accent LEDs. I also find the US lock up should be louder. Right in between swing and clash.

I think the most important thing is that it has reliable motion sensors and is easier to keep in stock then the others.

I can totally understand the unforseen complications, good call and good luck.
    Go get'm Tim!

Awesome indeed!

A sound selection would indeed be nice but even better if we could load our own sounds...whether onto a card or onboard flash memory like many MP3 players use...having multiple selectable sound banks on SD like CF is great convenience but even if there could only be one set of sounds at a time it would be great if we could customize them to fit our intended design be it SW lightsabers, beam sabers, Halo plasma swords, etc.

Yeah I know I'm transparent...ok I want to be able to add theme music...there I've admitted it...I'm cheesy that way lol.

Ability to run high voltages for tri/quad emitter LEDs or even EL would be nice too.

Seriously though I'm sure whatever features will be great and help make TCSS the 'One Stop Shop' for ALL our saber needs...very best of luck and Godspeed with it Strydur.

I'm sure this is a huge leap but I think it would be super in-freak'n-credible if it was possible to transfer font files by a USB port on a soundcard. Plug your hilt into your pc no taking anything apart.

OK that idea is killer first one to produce it gotta hook me up!

I think I read somewhere that that is not so easy to implement on saber soundboards but whatever Strydur comes up with for a soundboard you know will be great...afterall who knows the saber market better?

the bottom line is..

most decent/high lever cards would/shold use an external SD card.. becuase they are cheaper.. affordable/practical..and allows for expansion of memory and space..without hardcoding things (liek sound fonts) into a chip.

the usb plug in has been brought up MANY, MANY times before (doubt you'll get plugged for the idea) LOL

You have to realize the CF is 'really' a sophisticated piece of hardware.. and if you expect ANY other outlet for a CF caliber type of board.. (I think you'll be waiting for a long time)..

The CF is Ervs 'baby'..and what he has created has been out of PASSION for his/this hobby.. I doubt you'll get the same type of package from a 'Electronics Consulting Firm'...

and if you do..I doubt it will end up being a resonable price...

ILetting the user select or change the sound fonts of the board is good & bad (depends on who you ask I suppose)..

everyone likes options..and features (no doubt).. but the process cant be 'idiot proofed' a little.. who wants to add more work for themselves, trouble shooting people who 'borked' their boards messing around.

IMHO.. (and many others) is a decent, stable, plentiful board that is a replacement for the MR board standard.

using things like an accelerometer, can lead to legal trouble..

using swing & clash sensors (like in the shop) make things easier, for cost & coding

I dont think you guys have much to worry about.. Tims been in this game a LONG time..

and has been around the block a few times on this SoundCard issue.. things have come..and gone..

rest assured Tim knows what features are desired...integratable without rising price/costs....and things that are just 'fluff' and not needed...

I think 2010 will open the door on a few options...

Well said XL

Quote Originally Posted by Firedrops View Post
    definitely becoming THE one-stop shop. i love you tim.(not in that way)
    I second this statement with one exception. I Love Tim even with the restraining order against me.
    "Fluff your pillows"

Council Member
    Jedi Master

LOL! That would be even funnier if it weren't also so true Gravy........

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I will say this much.. If/when I get a board done it will have a connector built in for easy wiring. Not only does this make it easier for the customers but it allows me to easily test them as well.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop