Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: white diffuser vs poly gift wrap

O_O

Wow........now I'm DEFINITELY getting some poly gift wrap!

Ok, i figured this was the best place to ask this...first of all...the diff in the blades its truely remarkable...

So many noob questions...but this is the main thing i am wanting to to....i am wanting to use the Seoul P4 White Led in conjunction with a polyc transwhite blade and some of the color disks that are sold in the shop...so do i actually need to purchase a diffuser or even put any cellophane inside the blade itself? I know that the diff between the lenses is you either get a good flare at the base vs even lighting, but what do i need to get a good and even brightness and a decent vibrance within the construction route im taking? I have scoured through saber pics a plethora of times and have notices some bright AND evenly lit blades, but theres usually not enough information for me to go on...any help would be greatly appreciated for this noob that makes other noobs look like jedi knights
    Temporis

"Execute Order 66!"

With a trans white blade I would just put a few feet of cellophane in it.

ok, i appreciate the help thank you
    Temporis

"Execute Order 66!"

Wow, impressive! That convinced me to go for a cellophane film. And lets not forget about how cool shiny and silvery the blades look, when they're not lit up Has anyone tried cutting little holes or lines in the mirrordisc of the tip? I could imagine, that'd light up the tip even more...even

Quote Originally Posted by tedstardust View Post
    Wow, impressive! That convinced me to go for a cellophane film. And lets not forget about how cool shiny and silvery the blades look, when they're not lit up Has anyone tried cutting little holes or lines in the mirrordisc of the tip? I could imagine, that'd light up the tip even more...even
    Yes, that's been thought of and done quite often. what i personally do is remove the mirror, cut off about 1/16th of the outside diameter, add a piece of white paper to the tip, then reapply the mirror. Light can get around the edge of the mirror and the paper acts as a diffuser to help scatter the light through the tip, allowing it to light up even though the mirror is still there:

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

A little off topic, but what LED are you using on this saber? I reeeeeeally dig the color of it.

That was a Seoul P4 green.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Well it seems I learn something every day from the Masters...I never thought to add a piece of white paper to the tip...great idea...Thanks Jay-gon!

Does anyone know where can I but these polypropylene gift wraps in Canada? I live in Toronto and I couldn't find anything in the dollar store.