Thread: Wire Glue??

Question Wire Glue??

I was doing some Christmas shopping and I came across this
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/b70c/
    Has any one ever tried this before?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I've seen it on that site before, but I don't know if I'd trust it. I'm not too lazy to solder, and I do trust my solder joints.

That doesn't mean I'm not also curious about this stuff. But I won't be the first one to buy it and try it.

In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

I wonder what resistance it would have on the current. and I don't like the overnight cure, when soldering is instant. I just got some pin connectors and crimps that give me a quick disconnect for single wires that i shrink tube together that eliminates soldering of wires but i still have to solder to pads. Ill try to upload some pictures of them when I get my camera back.

I have made my own wire glue by following an instructable. It is basically plasti-dip and powdered graphite mixed together. I used it for a part that was quite unweildy to solder. It does conduct fine, and without much resistance, but it was quite difficult to be neat with the stuff. If you aren't careful with it you might make an unexpected connection. But if you wanted to, say, silk screen a working circuit board onto a T shirt this is your ticket.