Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Obi-Wan TPM Tool List

Default Obi-Wan TPM Tool List

I could really use a list of tools I'm going to need to assemble this conversion kit into the saber. The list isnt there... It doesnt say which hex wrench to use with the 10-32 screws it comes with, what to use to cut down the electronics kit, what nail kit/punch kit to use to punch out the pins, etc. Theres a lot of missing information.

Just get a set of standard allen keys & a set of punches. You can find them real cheap. Harbor Freight maybe?

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Dude, basic tools man. I use a PVC pipe cutter (the ratcheting kind) for cutting the electronics cradles. 3/32 hex wrench for the allen screws.

I'm putting my spoon in the dishwasher now, it won't be back again for a while.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixReborn View Post
    I could really use a list of tools I'm going to need to assemble this conversion kit into the saber. The list isnt there... It doesnt say which hex wrench to use with the 10-32 screws it comes with, what to use to cut down the electronics kit, what nail kit/punch kit to use to punch out the pins, etc. Theres a lot of missing information.
    Seriously?

Do you realize that I spent hours of MY time to post a clear and concise tutorial for EVERYONE to use and you disparage it instead of being grateful? There is NOT a lot of missing information, you need to take responsibility for your own learning and educate yourself before you ask questions that are not only lazy, but are indeed insulting to those of us who work hard to provide help to you and others. One final word. Be careful how you respond. Learn the lesson and move on.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixReborn View Post
    1st post, 3 flames, not up to a good start my friend. In LDM tutorial are listed all the tools required and very well written I might add as how to do the conversion.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Wow, I've never seen anyone complain before that they couldn't figure out what tools they needed after reading one of LDM's tutorials and looking at all the photos he painstakingly takes of the process.

Sounds like you want someone to hold your hand.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

this is a DIY sight for SABERS...

not to teach what tools are?!

what to use to cut down the electronics kit?

(seriously?)

like the extra long 'wires'? (umm..scissors?)

Maybe LDM should make a tut on what scissors aree..and how to use them.

What allen wrench? really? bring the allen bolt to the store and test fit if you need to..

or ASK WHEN YOU BUY IT!.. WHAT SIZE ALLEN WRENCH DO I NEED FOR A 10/32??
    (usually they come in sets and you get several sizes)

what punch to use?
    the size that fits the hole.

Im sorry,...and Im usually always 100% on the noobies side, teach/help/share instead fo bash.. but if you need THIS much hand holding.. I think your in over yoru head in this hobby for a while..

can I ask.. how old you are? maybe this will shed some light on the context.

my hands are full..... NEXT!

Its not intended as disrespect nor is it a situation of educating myself. Its obvious there are things like scissors and wirecutters, but the stuff thats not listed are as follows..

Punch Kits -- Which sizes?
    Nail Sets -- Which sizes?
    What you used to properly and evenly saw off the top of the electronics case? I doubt a simple hacksaw will work?

You mention a strap wrench for the emitter.. What size?

Those who are doing their first conversion wont know what to buy at the depot and will be sort of screwed if they buy the wrong thing their first time out. I dont want to screw this thing up my first time out. I have the electronics, but not the "mechanical/tool usage" knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    Seriously?

Do you realize that I spent hours of MY time to post a clear and concise tutorial for EVERYONE to use and you disparage it instead of being grateful? There is NOT a lot of missing information, you need to take responsibility for your own learning and educate yourself before you ask questions that are not only lazy, but are indeed insulting to those of us who work hard to provide help to you and others. One final word. Be careful how you respond. Learn the lesson and move on.
    Last edited by PhoenixReborn; 12-23-2009 at 08:20 AM.

these a general tools though.. you have to understand that..

If LDM was to focus on the toolstooling and how to use them..

it wouldnt be a conversion tutorial..it would be 'tool time' with LDM.. make sense?

"I" believe you are just not experienced with tools much (which is no big deal).... otherwise these questions would seem silly.

Punch/Nail set is just a set (meaning multiple tools in there) of differet size punches

a punch is nothing more than a straight, thin steel rod for 'punching' out small/tiny locking pins..etc

you get a set..use thre size that fits the hole/pin your working on..

how can he answer that for you?

**strap wrench

same thing.. dont complain or act like its anyones fault but your own that you dont knwo what a strap wrench is.. its find that you dont know or are un-=educated abotu these things..but to blame others for your faults.. (not so good)

http://www.google.com/products/catal...wAg#ps-sellers

there IS NO SIZE.. its a one size fits all type tool.

and why wouldnt a simple hacksaw work? maybe a cheapie bandsaw? (not much difference)

FYI.. LDM has NO machingng tools.. everything he posts/does can be done by mostly everyone without need of special anything (outside of basic tools)

trying to make LDM responsible for the tool list and what tools ANYONE should buy is foolish (at best).....

the focus is the actual CONVERSION.. what to do where on the saber of topic.

hopefully this will hel pyou some.

If you see a word or term used you dont understand..

1.) search for it here.. see if used in context and maybe it will 'click'.
    2.) search on google..

if you still cant find an explaination..post here.. at least you'll KNOW you did some leg work and tried..and noone can fault you.

Ya know it doesnt hurt to ask about these things.