Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jedi/Sith Boots

Default Stih boots

Hey, what do you guys think of these boots as Sith boots? I kind of like them. I'm just looking for opinions. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

very cool, but I think you should take off the metal tag on the heal if it is a logo or brand name.

That is exactly what I was thinking. In the description it says that tag can be removed by unscrewing it.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Those look pretty Sithy, to me.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

It looks like the buckles may also be stamped with a trade name or something else non-Aurebesh so you might want to replace those as well...otherwise nicely Sithy imo.

If you want to replace those buckles with something that looks a little more Star Warsy, I'd try either these...
    http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/s...w=blank+buckle

Or these...
    http://www.strapworks.com/Side_Relea...e_p/msrb-a.htm

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Those Tandy buckles are way to big for use on boots. I think they'd look weird. I have one of the larger ones that I'm using on a belt.

It would be a hassle to change those buckles. The easiest thing would be to just grind off the name with a Dremel and maybe paint them black.
    TCSS MODERATOR

Youngling

I'm just starting out on my Jedi costume but my biggest issue is boots since I'm a 12 wide/extra wide. I was wondering if these,
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    would work for a formal, generic Jedi submission? Or does the V at the top eliminate them from contention.

I didn't think the small ones would look too bad as a replacement for the buckle that goes over the top of the foot, but I guess I'd have to see the boots in person to be sure. I agree that they are too big for the first three straps though.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I don't think the shape of the tops of those boot will work, Dakarn. They just look too cowboyish. They look a little on the short side, too with the way they are cut down at the front and back.

Maybe if you could make some sort of spat or greave to go over the front of the shaft they might work.

But as is, I would say no, not if you're maybe thinking about doing a Jedi costume for the Rebel Legion.
    TCSS MODERATOR