Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jedi/Sith Boots

Default Jedi/Sith Boots

Anybody have any ideas for some Dark Brown/Black boots to use for a Jedi and/or Sith Costume? I found some simple dark brown boots, but I want something with a little more detail, like ribbing or buckles or the like.

Any suggestions?
    I'm Gonna Ride My Krayt Dragon To Valhalla!

I personally got a pair of street motorcycle boots for my sith costume.

Other than that, you're basically looking for a calf high boot. Most recommendations I've seen for Jedi boots are to buy some kind of riding boot. There's also cheaper (and you get what you pay for at times) costume boots available. Check ebay under "Costumes and Re-enactment Attire"

You could always just buy some simple boots and embellish them... Add buckles, ridges, etc.

http://www.911buycostume.com/Pages/gogoboots/boot01.htm

second boot from the top is what I use for my Vader. They're nothing spectacular but they work.

Don't buy the cheapest ones. Spend no less than $120 on boots.

They'll be better quality & last longer. I know many people are on a budget with costumes, but the boots & Belt are things you can't scrimp on.
    They often make or break a costume.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

For my next Sith Costume I plan on using my motorcycle boots, real weathering by actually using them - they're my wet weather boots but I haven't ridden my bike for around 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Barmic Rin View Post
    Don't buy the cheapest ones. Spend no less than $120 on new boots.
    On new boots, perhaps. In this case used is superior in every way IMO. You get better boots, for less money, and they are already "weathered." I've bought 5 pairs of Jedi boots from ebay in the last year and paid between $44 and $80, shipping included. The $80 pair is over 50 years old and built like a tank. With a bit of patience and $60 on Ebay you can get a pair of Jedi boots that will last a lifetime.

l've been undeceided on what boots to use for a sith costume. at first i was thinking ninja tabee boots, then i started thinking of just using biker boots. any opinions would be greatly appreciated . thank you in advance.

I've been thinking boots over for a long time. Boots are an essential part of any costume and should definitely be given their due. A while back I came across a good tutorial for "making" some Jack Sparrow Boots. You may not be looking for pirate, but the principles in this tutorial are good for any cosplay boot. Take a look here:

http://www.sithcamaro.com/boottut/

This is probably what I'll go with for my first boots, but of course I'll design them a little less Sparrow, and a lot more Corran Horn.