Thread: Couple projects I just finished, Dl-44 and ST prop

Default Couple projects I just finished, Dl-44 and ST prop

Hey guys, here are my two latest completed projects.

A video of both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TmmCRi3bB8

First up is a TNG era klingon disruptor.

It started life as a solid resin model. I picked it up for 45.00 shipped off of ebay.

I used my mill to hollow out the main chamber for electronics. Then I drilled a hole from the thumb switch, to the electronics chamber.

Next I drilled out a hole for a recharge port.

I then installed the electronics from one of the new toy phasers. I replaced the cheap leds with a high output Seoul P4 red led.

I replaced the acrylic rods with aluminum ones that I turned myself. The central rod is hollow for the led wires.

Finally I painted the disruptor in the standard two tone color scheme.

I weathered it by dry brushing silver on the edges, and used a charcoal ink on the recessed areas.

Here are pictures.

Next I have a dl-44 blaster

The base for this prop was an airsoft mouser with an all metal body. While not as screen accurate as a denix, it has the inside space I needed for electronics.

The flash hider I machined myself, the piston scope and scope mount were from Blast-tech.com

The speaker and batteries are in the mag well, the mag plate is held in pace with magnets, so changing batteries is a breeze.

It uses a soundboard from one of the hasbro toy blasters, and a high output seoul p4 led.

I painted the whole thing flat black, then used fine grit sandpaper on the raised areas to give it the weathered look.

Here are some pics

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster, the lightsaber is an elegant weapon, from a more civilized time.

I like the DL 44, the Disruptor would have been better with the playmates soundcard in it.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Cool blaster mods.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Great blaster and disrupter. I like them.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

I love both of them! Good work big man!
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

i like both very well done.
    ...YUP!