Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Saber Sound Font Website (or directory/page/etc.)

Hello all... it's been a long time since I've been to TCSS... but... quick thought/update...

There is talk from some of the folks that have to do with sound, sabers, saber boards... of creating a "font store" (sort of akin to what Alex is creating for my fonts over @ XSabers for Obsidian)... so, anyhow that may end up being the "best way" for everyone's font work to get the credit / recognition / availability that they deserve!

Whether or not this becomes a REALITY (for CF/PC fonts, etc.)... is hard to say at this point.

I can say with 99.5% certainty, however... that a font store for Obsidian is merely a short time away. And that is a good thing for custom sound in sabers, no matter who you are and how you feel about this widget, that widget, or this saber or that.

Much love to y'all... and... sorry to be so "touch & go"...

--Nova
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

If I could ever get to the point where I could afford a PC or CF, I'd love a place to go and download font sounds. It'd be great if they were sorted into boot, clash, swing, etc... so one could mix & match. Even if there were a cost of so much per file, it would be convenient to download selected files only rather than purchasing a whole cd with only a few files that are wanted.

Just a suggestion, I don't know if it would be worth it to anyone, but I DL'd some music from a site called Bandcamp. You could download a whole cd's worth of music or just a few files. For instance (not selling or advertising), the site bandcamp.com looks weird, but it's customizeable as in the band whose music I DL'd... causeandeffect.bandcamp.com...

Looking forward to whatever you fellas come up with!!
    CM

Remember, your LED will ALWAYS look brighter in pics and vids... If you're not playing with it at night, it's not gonna impress you...

For CF & PC you can't really "mix & match" files, except the boot. The swings, clashes etc are all premixed with the hum in the background, so if you were to replace a hum in one font with a hum from another, you're going to have a very strange sounding font.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Council Member
    Jedi Master

A SaberFont store is coming. It is being worked on furiously, and won't be released until we are sure it works well. Rest assured, the day of being able to buy multiple fonts from multiple font makers for different platforms is coming shortly.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That is great news. To be able to have all the fonts from different people in one place, be able to listen to them and then buy the ones you want in one place is awesome.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

looks like i need to buy a PC =)

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

i know this is asking alot but id love to see an area in on the site where you could buy unmixed versions of the sounds and use a built in mixer to create your own ultimate custom font , for a small fee of course . i know im dreaming just thought id throw it in there

This is fantastic news, the other day I was just thinking how cool it would be to be able to just download the fonts that you want as opposed to buying a whole CD worth of them (let's face it, most of us with the PC will only need a few fonts at most)