Ok... so, although I've thought a *tiny* bit about this idea way in the past (2007)... it seems the most relevant here and now, as we move toward 2010...

The idea would basically be a web page/site that is dedicated to a directory of sound fonts for CF.

Now... a few moments ago, I thought that since I was re-designing my website(s) anyhow... maybe having an organized place to download fonts would be cool.

This has been attempted a bit @ TCSS... but things get lost when there is a "thread" + a bunch of individual sites to host downloadable zips.

Some important thoughts:

* It COULD BE DONE via a thread on FX and/or TCSS... but there would have to be some "standard format".
* It could also be done via "video" on Youtube/etc. (sort of like my saber response challenge setup)... where the user would post a link in the sidebar to download the .ZIP or whatever for the font...
* It could also be done via a webpage/website

Now... the advantages of doing it via VIDEO (let's say, Youtube), would be the following:

~ No "main site manager" has to do anything.
~ Video can plainly demonstrate the font "visually" and via audio (DUHHH).
~ Users are their own persons... they can do things in their own way while keeping some "standard practices" (sort of like the saber response challenge)
~ Users can remove/update/alter/add as they see fit. Again, no site manager has to fix this.
~ People visiting the video do not have to watch the entire video to download... they just click the sidebar if they know what they want!

The only disadvantages I see:

~ You can't add your own fonts if you don't have a y-tube account (big deal)... although ANYONE can download.
~ It's not "all at one site". Sort of. Since the downloadables would have to be "up to the user" to place somewhere where the file can be accessed all the time (none of this yousendit stuff here!!)
~ No real "directory" of the fonts... other than the fact that they'd all be "video responses" (again, exactly like the saber response challenge)... which... I don't know if it goes in alphabetical order??? Hmmm. Even so... this could be remedied by some guy who wants to make a thread that shows: Font Name + Creator Name + Video Link... in a big long list--locked thread except to edit/add links!

What do you guys think?

--Nova