Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2001 AOTC anikan sound board hook up!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Since your switch contacts are directly on the board, you're going to have to solder wired to the appropriate spots on the board itself.

Jay-gon has a pic of how to do that somewhere here. Search through his posts to find it.

But yeah, we need better, and bigger pics of your board.

Some wires should be self-evident, like the speaker and battery input.
    Searching for the post with that pic might take forever, so i'll save him the trouble of looking for it:

The white wires are the switch wires in that pic.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wouls use the same wiring as the count dukoo board. They were both made in the same year so they probabley are exacly the same in wiring... Just different colored wires.

If you use follow the swith leads you will see that they are connected to solder joints.

I reccomend that you solder to those instead of the E's
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

i did find this: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ku+sound+board

i was looking at a diffrent thread on it without good clear pics.

i still have a question, the black wire i think he was referring to was attached to a piece of metal with a spring on it, is that the same wire i put to the negative lead of the battery? and also, the red positive wire, i still have that, but why would i have it connect to both the board and the LED at once? i take and put the red lead on the board and the one on the battery pack and i put it onto a red wire i have which i then attach to the LED, but for what reason?
    if you are new these links will get you started

tutorial on ohms law!!!
    the saber building dictionary-a dictionary with basically everything about sabers!
    thread index-this is the thread index!
    the basic saber building tutorial-tutorial for making basic hilts!
    start here if new-start right here if your brand new fresh out of the factory never before opened noob!

Yes the black wire is the battery negative. The spring was used in the toy saber to make a connection with the batteries. You have to Y the battery positive to the board and led because the soundboard doesn't have a led positive wire coming directly off of it. In the toy saber, the red wire would come off the board, travel up the saber to the battery positive contact, then up to the lamp. That was basically just to save wire. Some of the newer toy sabers, like the force action sabers, have positive and negative leads.

ok, will do, i should have all wired up by tomorrow then! more or less wanting to know why the current didnt just do the LED and board in series. dont make no actual difference though.
    if you are new these links will get you started

tutorial on ohms law!!!
    the saber building dictionary-a dictionary with basically everything about sabers!
    thread index-this is the thread index!
    the basic saber building tutorial-tutorial for making basic hilts!
    start here if new-start right here if your brand new fresh out of the factory never before opened noob!