Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: speaker hiss...premium speaker?

The board, batteries and speaker are all out.

Is that heat normal on my board? It's really hot in less then 10 second when the blade is active.

Now that we have chatted in the shoutbox, you are giving the board 6v for a P4 Blue which vf is about 3.2. 3v bleeding off the board as heat could cause that kind of heating to the board, on top of that i could see it causing the feedback in your speaker...someone more knowledgeable might chime in and tell me i'm wrong though
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

See if it goes away when setup outside the hilt.

It could be some piece vibrating aginst the hilt. I had a saber sound funky when I used a film can to mount the speaker to. The can vibrated and made a hissing or rattling type sound against the inside of the pommel.
    Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment. -Jim Horning

The beatings will continue until morale improves. -KMFDM "Free your hate"

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by shadar al'niende View Post
    now that we have chatted in the shoutbox, you are giving the board 6v for a p4 blue which vf is about 3.2. 3v bleeding off the board as heat could cause that kind of heating to the board, on top of that i could see it causing the feedback in your speaker...someone more knowledgeable might chime in and tell me i'm wrong though

ding ding ding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Like we talked about, using a 2AA holder with a jumper and a rechargeable 3.7v cell would most likely be the best option for you at this point, try that out once your parts come in and let us know what happens!
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I don't know if the board will run at that low of a voltage. Minimum recommended is 4.8V, for that color P4. Remember, the board itself needs some power to run, as does the speaker.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

...and my accent leds need a little too.

If US 2.5 recommends 6V how could that be wrong? It seems ridiculously simple to meet the requirements so this is making no sense to me.

Can anyone give me some solutions to this problem?

I also have a lux3 red/orange to do. Same problem?

A resistor maybe? If so which resistor? And that would just be wired into the power supply + lead right?

Please...help! I will be so rediculously great full. I would be glad to return the favour in graphic design or even some illustrating service.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 12-02-2009 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadar Al'Niende View Post
    Now that we have chatted in the shoutbox, you are giving the board 6v for a P4 Blue which vf is about 3.2. 3v bleeding off the board as heat could cause that kind of heating to the board, on top of that i could see it causing the feedback in your speaker...someone more knowledgeable might chime in and tell me i'm wrong though
    While I am by no means qualified to debate the effects of RF in a metal tube on audio quality. Nor am i able to tell anyone how much voltage through a regulator you can have and what if any effects that would have on sound quality. I still feel that A LOT of people use 7.4 volt Li-Ion setups with U.S. boards and do not see the same problems. I have 2 U.S. 2.1's both with 7.4V Li-Ion power cells, neither creates a hissing noise. One is a lux 3 Gree the other a lux 3 Red Orange.

I think we may be barking up the wrong tree on the over voltage diagnosis.
    Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment. -Jim Horning

The beatings will continue until morale improves. -KMFDM "Free your hate"

Council Member
    Jedi Master

The US 2.5s don't regulate voltage as well as the 2.0-2.1s. So, if you are above the recommended input voltage range for the LED that you are using it casts it off as heat instead of turning it into extra current.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS