Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: speaker hiss...premium speaker?

Default speaker hiss...premium speaker?

I bought the premium speaker and I'm running a US 2.5 and when the blade is illuminated it has a hiss to it that doesn't sound like it should be there. It doesn't blend with the blade sound it's just some white noise in the mix. It's not really bad but for the price of the card I wasn't really expecting it.
    Is this normal?

It kinda reminds me of when your TV volume is up and your DVD player is low. It's like the sound files on the card are quiet and they're being over amplified to compensate.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

That doesn't sound normal to me. I've heard bad noise in some MRFX boards, but not yet in the US'.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Check your board connections. I had mine grounding against the hilt that caused some interference with the speaker...

good luck
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I haven't had any problems with the US 2.5 either. Make sure the US board is not touching the hilt and grounding out somehow. Also check the speaker too, make sure the connections are not touching the hilt.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

like i said...

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

The card is totally cover in film case, the speaker is mounted with pvc coupler and there's absolutely no wires bare, touching or exposed. All solders we're near perfect in every way.

Maybe I'm just being picky, because it's only noticeable when you hold it close and listen critically. I have a "reverse sound" set-up and when I block off the pommel it muffles it a bit and sounds warmer to reduce the hiss but I don't wanna do that.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 12-02-2009 at 08:25 AM.

Hmmm, yeah dunno then. Maybe just got a funky board?

OMG...I hope not. The speaker would be no big deal but the sound board?..NooOOoo!

So there shouldn't be any hiss at all?
    I even tried fresh batteries.

the black part of the board next to my switch pads is really hot, in just 10 sec
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 12-02-2009 at 08:49 AM.

Try the electronics outside of the hilt & metal parts (of course with the exception of the heatsink!).
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

the black part of the board next to my switch pads is really hot, in just 10 sec
    I had this when i accidentally had a solder bridge on the board...

*edit* what is your wiring setup, is it possible the board is bleeding off a lot of power? it might be giving the speaker a little more juice due to not being able to regulate the Voltage properly, what is your voltage and Led?