Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Duel Color LED sabers

Yeah I thought about the direct drive but it did seem quite bothersome perhaps there is a way to make a piece of hardware that will allow me to decide when I want to press the buttons in unison or not. Well regardless I'll be working on this for some time let us all know if you work out your end. I think this kind of effect would be something that a lot of people would use if a solution is provided.

If only we could get the next CF v5 to have this built in as a new feature Ha Ha.

It may be much more expensive... but why not make a string LED saber? If you fix the LEDs in a pattern of RYGB (red, yellow, green, blue) and drive each color of LEDs on a separate circuit it should make a great rainbow color effect throughout the blade. Just ensure each color set has it's own resistor to prevent frying the whole set and you should be fine... or is my idea so completely out there that it seems i'm blowing smoke... i'm pretty sure it would work.
    Join the Dark Side... We have cookies =)

I know it's come up multiple times on these forums that add-on cards exist, that turn a momentary signal into a faux latching (which is essentially what the CF/Hasbro/whathaveyou does anyway....).

assuming you use a DPDT momentary, with one set of leads controlling the soundboard, and one set of leads controlling the converter board, it's still possible. clunky and unecessary, but possible.

Instead, I'd splice an accent LED pad from the board, to a transistor controlling the main die(s), and then let the pulsing CF control the secondary die(s)

Problem solved.