Thread: luxeon rebel

Default luxeon rebel

hello. im interested in trying rebels for my sabers. my question is can you overdrive these like the lux 3 P4 or k2s? their common spec is 700 so i was thinking maybe making them 1000 or even 1200 ma. i overdrive my k2 up to 2000 ma and i dont care if i burn them out because they imo suck and is not even brighter than a underdriven P4. any input would be greatly appreciated.

Read up on the spec sheets, tell you a lot they will. Also search around here, much you will find. Good LEDs they are, mmmmm gooood. Also, a super easy way to solder them I have found yes.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Overdriving LEDs is all about heat management. If you say, take that rebel that is rated at 700ma and want to go to 1000ma, I don't see any problems doing that. Hell, its what I would do, screw 700ma You just gotta make sure that you have a good heatsink that has good contact with the outside metal hilt for heat transfer (i.e. MHS' awesome heatsink). 1200ma, probably the same. 1500+ma, dunno, thats shaky ground. Maybe X-wing can chime in here as he has been the Herald for the Rebels

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Green/Blue/White Rebels can all go up to 1A just fine. It's within their specs, but for some reason Luxeon publishes them at 700mA.

I've found no reason to go to more, but they don't make that much heat so it's possible. There's very little benefit though.
    RED LEADER Standing by!