Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I'd like for you to meet Olivia

Default I'd like for you to meet Olivia

Hi there!

I just want to share my daughter, Olivia. She's 28 months old

There we are at the library during 'toddler time". I haven't brought her in a few weeks due to cold and flu season upon us.

We were coloring with her while trying to teach her letters and writing. She managed to write L, O, V, E, and I (coincidence?). She can also recognize her name when written. She can also recognize and say aloud each letter of the alphabet when prompted. For example, at the pediatrician's office, they have large wood letters that are painted in bright primary colors. I point to them and ask what the letter is. She'll tell me each one correctly. She also knows her numbers 1 through 10 - both when I'm holding up fingers and when written. She's getting to know her shapes including rhombus and octagon as well as the spectrum of colors (eg, red, green, blue, pink, brown, gray...)

I just don't know if that's advanced for a 28 month old. Even if it isn't, I'm still very proud of her. She's my baby sweetie.

Now if she'll eat, take a nap and go to bed without pitching a fit, we'd be doing alright!

Here's another pic I adore:

thanks for reading!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

She is a cutie. Wait a nother year and at least she will sleep...
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Yeah, the sleep thing doesn't sort itself out until about 3 or 4. She is very cute. Reminds me of my little girls. My first daughter was making up entire stories and had a crew of imaginary friends by the time she was 24 months. There were times when we thought she was talking about real people.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Cute kid, sounds like she's a lot more advanced with her reading and writing than my son Connor (who is now 29 months).

He recognises the first letter of his name "Curly c" but hasn't got the hang of writing it yet. Counting is a bit better and he can count to 12 before he forgets what comes next and colours are not a problem.
    The great thing is he already has an interest in Star Wars and this year dressed up as a mini Darth Vader. Just yesterday he was running around with his toy lightsaber saying he was going to "get all the Jedis", my wife and I were laughing and we're still not 100% sure he even knew what he was talking about, he must've picked it up from the clone wars cartoon or something.

Connor has slept through the night since we stopped his afternoon naptime and will only occasionally wake up during the night (usually for the toilet to start with then he decides it must be time to wake up properly lol).

Oh, and black and white baby pics have to be the best... here is my favourite pic from when he was younger.

Anyway, thumbs up to all the future sabersmiths and their proud parents

Thanks for sharing grue. I'm a sucker for cute kids. Good job taking her to the library so soon.

Takamatsu, I love that Vader pic. I'll have to practice my low guard in case he ever comes around to "get all the jedis"

Enjoy her while she's young. Once they get to be teenagers, they're too cool to be seen with you by their friends. They still love you, but just are reluctant to show it.
    So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause.

kids are precious gifts! i hope to have some of my own someday, glad to see all of the proud parents on the forum
    So let it be written, So let it be done.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I only like kids when they are being good. And quiet. I can't stand screaming kids out in public.

I never had any, so I never developed much of a maternal instinct.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Here's by son, Padawan learner Ian Michael Scott. He never ceases to make me laugh. he's a real comedian and I'm proud of him. And that is his awesome truck that I want to fit with real headlamps and tail lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    I only like kids when they are being good. And quiet. I can't stand screaming kids out in public.

I never had any, so I never developed much of a maternal instinct.
    well, they are kids and sometimes they have to be taken out. I mean, I'm not going to take her to the movies anytime soon.

Olivia's two and trying to assert her independence. As such, she's likely to want to walk or be carried rather than be in the cart at the store. I'm happy to accommodate most of the time until she starts picking up every little thing like an apple and starts eating it. She doesn't want to do anything unless it's her idea. For example; when we suggest that she drinks her bubbie, she'll say no but then a minute later, she'll reach for it. It was her idea.