Hey,
So I've been researching the "Makoto" style blades for the last couple days, and most of the threads on the subject are pretty old, so I figured I'd start a new one.

The one thing I found the least amount of info on is hilt wiring. Obviously you make sure you have the correct voltage and a battery that can give the ma needed for a decent amount of time, but anything else? For example, has anyone used a driver? And have you gotten a scrolling effect with anything besides an FX board (or Makoto's board)?
What I'm especially concerned with is this: I'd like to build one of these blades, and I happen to have a 2005 Luke ROTJ board. What I'm wondering is if it will be able to give the appropriate amount of power to the LED's. (I remain hopeful, as I intend for this blade to be shorter than normal, maybe ~32").

Then there's the other thing: Diffusion.
On this subject I found a very diverse amount of info and opinions. So has anyone tried them all to see what works the best? I'm especially concerned about avoiding "corn on the cob" .
In one thread, Tim mentioned trying EL diffuser. Did anyone give this a try? I ask because I have some left over from the EL days, and if it works...

So... Thoughts? I know Eastern just finished a double bladed saber "Mako style," and it looked pretty good. I'd love to hear what you have found works best.

Luke