Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: So, I've got the design, now what?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

If something happened to your LED, or you decided you wanted to be able to swap it for another color, then getting your blade holder unscrewed would be difficult.

I usually see the word "hefty" is used to describe something heavy, rather than long.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

ah ok, i knew they wouldnt be needed as locking pins but i just want to stay as close the design as possible and i did a bunch more reading and have been making sheets of notes. hopefully i dont have to change too much of the design to get it to work how i want it to :P

I have another 2 suggestion for sound, one will be SaberForge's Sabersound 1.0, which is basically the same price as a MR board, pretty much the same features, but much better(more sounds, 10v output so it can power LuxVs,rebels and stuff), it's almost always in stock, since he designed it to take over MR boards.
    Another one would be Hyperdyne's board, seriously, you guys should give him more credit, CF was basically copied off Hyperdyne's(so i heard, no offence, but stop flaming them everywhere), and now Hyperdyne just got improved with its new version.

The hyperdyne website must be way...way outta date because I don't see any new version and the only way i can take one of their sabers out in a field and get sound is to bring my laptop...silly. And they also cost more then crystal focus....ridiculous

That's not me flaming them. That's them flaming themselves!

Hold on give them a minute......

...while they turn on their PC and speakers......

......singe! There it is. lol

CC, Hyper is working on a new cheaper board ATM, his site will be updated when it's ready for release.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

well ive got a very basic saber design to start off with -- cut it down quite a bit to just get my foot in the door--
    -36" corbin battle blade 1" OD
    -blade holder 12 powder-coated black if possible
    -Royal Blue k2 kit
    -quick connect
    -heatshrink
    -black 8-32 thumb screw
    -mps clip
    -pommel 4 powdercoat black if possible
    -mps insert 6
    -spst momentary guarded switch with blue button
    -fluted main piece with guarded switch hole powdercoat black if possible

everything seem in order?

The choke and covertec?

I'm not sure about fluted sections but you should make sure the measurements will fit your battery holder and allow room for a future soundcard and speaker upgrade if you want one.

Look in the shop part of the site under services/powdercoat and somewhere on the page it will have linksd to the powdercoat ordercodes. It shows how you can select areas of a part or the whole part to be coated...cool stuff.

Oh yeah I forgot the fluted section might have a smaller ID like the ribbed ext, I'll check that

and this is just basically a prototype build just to get it built and see/learn how to do it so I'm going to be using parts from this anyway

the lack of the covertec button was just to really make this first purchase a little cheaper
    and yeah I do remember seeing the powdercoating service in there I just remember reading there's a service Tim wasn't doing right now?

Oh yeah and now I've got my sig made!
    Last edited by enigma1337; 11-25-2009 at 09:32 AM.

I believe the fluted section is the standard 1.25" ID but could be wrong, Tim is now doing PC'ing again, fixed that about a week ago
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

well thats good

man ive got so many ideas running through my head right now--especially to do with the main led and the blade--since ive never seen any of these leds in person its hard to decide--Royal Blue K2? Rebel? V? P4? then thinwall? thickwall? diffusers? films?

i've read about all of them numerous times, just what makes it difficult is that everyone is circling opinions or preferences. so of the Royal/Dark Blues you've seen, which looks the best? i've been trying to find what each looks like in that color but since a lot of photobuckets have been deleted or for some other reason not displaying i cant see them always. Or maybe we can update the Comparison threads, i'm sure some people have gotten new leds since that last post

anyway, derailed, just mulling over all the choices