Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Great Star wars Costumes. By Museum replicas.

Talking

I'm sure. most sabers don't look good in the daylight because the blades aren't bright enough. and since this was promotional work, they are just there to make it easier to rotoscope in glowing blades. Nerf guns work well as sci-fi weapons anyway. I just don't like to see an awesome costume be ruined by placeholders. I simply felt that since this was a good quality photo of a person who had spent a great deal of time in make-up he deserved his glowing blade that's all.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That's not a "stick" on that Vaderesque saber, looks like it's an unlit Parks blade. But it does look cooler lit up.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Just a note on the smugglers, the Dude has the gold stripe on his pants ala Han Solo, but that's not so much a smuggler thing, it's actually a Corelian military honor (sort of like a medal).

Whoever did the costume may have known that, but I just thought I'd point it out because you will get picked at by nerds if you don't know what certain things are on your own costume.

I'm sure. most sabers don't look good in the daylight because the blades aren't bright enough. and since this was promotional work, they are just there to make it easier to rotoscope in glowing blades. Nerf guns work well as sci-fi weapons anyway. I just don't like to see an awesome costume be ruined by placeholders. I simply felt that since this was a good quality photo of a person who had spent a great deal of time in make-up he deserved his glowing blade that's all.
    haha. i did it in photoshop, and i couldn't see most of it. so i just left it alone. BUT, awesome!

idk if museum replicas wants a review. i'm sure they wouldn't mind it.

CHASE: you scared the hell out of me when i started reading your post. but thanks for not saying!!!

Haha! Yeah I know better than that!

Default not sure

The new issue of star wars insider #114 looks like it might have something on these costumes, according to starwars.com.
    http://www.starwars.com/fans/media/news20091210.html

I've gotten my hands on a copy of SWI #114 and it just has things on the Anakin, Obi-wan, Padme, Luke ROTJ, and Imperal Officer costumes.
    Last edited by fawnheart2000; 12-12-2009 at 06:21 AM.

hey Alexander, im making a movie and i was wondering where u came up w/ the face design for the character. Did u just draw a bunch of stuff on paper and choose what looked best?

Very cool, had heard a fair amount of talk about this on the Mercs site...

well i have been working on it for bout a year and i think im just about ready to finaly start it but i need to figure out a pattern for my characters face (main character and sith lord)

Not very happy that they keep pushing back the release dates.... In November the Star Wars merch was supposed to be released in December. In December it got pushed back to January 2010. I just saw in StarWarsShop that it's now March 2010. I ordered the boots back in November and it's the last piece for my costume before I can apply for the Rebel Legion. I just hope they fit!

"Absolutely not. You're not going to the dark side on my watch. Do it on Luke's."
    ―Corran Horn, to Tahiri Veila