Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: HyperBlade Review

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I'd like to see a non-corbin's film comparison too. Corbin's film isn't the best for making it seem the brightest. Gelu's comparison shows that, his polyp diffuser looked might bright.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Greetings!

I have the parts to make one of Tim's blades. I can do that comparison as soon as I get the blade together.

With respect to a question asked earlier: The joints are fairly visible in person. This could be entirely my fault, but part of putting the boards into the blade involves folding the wires that connect them so that the space between boards is minimized. It is also recommended that you lift the LEDs that face the gap up a little, to try and throw more light into the empty space.

So when I say my fault, what I mean is, that process may not have been done as well as others may do.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Lingarn

i recently e-mailed hyperdyne becuase they have a chart comparing thier sabers to luxeon led and tim they didnt do it justice their chart says that leds only have duelability.but he did not put a check mark in the clash effect and the coring,but if you hook up a corbin board it does have a good clash and lock up and coring if you use a momentary switch.but they were all it does not have true scrolling effect,thats true but who cares its pretty good for a led,then he said that it his clash is better since it is really fast pace from his design he made,whatever screw them tims led sabers are good enough for me.they may not be as bright but now tim has those 5 watt leds so we'll see.

"aaah general kenobi you are a bold one."-general grievous

I don't think they should put a check mark next to clash effect and coring for leds. I think that comparison chart is pretty accurate. I have EL sabers, tons of LED sabers (many 3w colors, White and Blue 5w colors) and now a Hyperdyne saber ... and my friend just recently installed a corbins board in his led saber... and it looks really cool ... until the hyperdyne goes on next to it ... and then the coring, clash effect and lock up start to look like nothing is even happening next to hyperdynes. The reason I love LED sabers is because they are able to give off at least equal (or better) brightness than MR sabers and you can duel with them without worry and you can remove the blade and use them as awesome props. But to try and compare a coring, clash, or lock-up effect with a type of saber that has lighting in the blade is just not a fair fight. Obviously any saber that has lighting in the blade has a serious advantage in that category. Every type of saber has it's own good points and bad ... and for these things you just have to concede that single LED's just don't do them well ... at least not when compared with a saber that has little leds up the blade. We need to remember what makes LED sabers awesome and not try and compare them to sabers that have a serious advantage in certain categories. Compared to my Hyperdyne, LED sabers are still the best to duel with and the easiest to use as far as popping blades in and out easily. They are better and brighter (in my opinion) than MR sabers, and they are really fun to make without being really expensive (although it seems I am spending more and more money on Tim's stuff ... more than anything else I think lol). But compared to hyperdyne you might as well not even mention that leds can clash, core, or lock-up because hyperdyne blows them away.

Choose your battles well, do not rush to fight a battle you have already lost.

i couldnt agree with you more thier is no comparison but leds are in my favor but i still think they should change the list,but i wont buy from them so it does not matter.

"aaah general kenobi you are a bold one."-general grievous

Sorry, no pics. Its just like a MR FX really. The few leds on the top broke. There is a blank spot. The light from the other leds kinda cover it, but its still noticable as a dim spot.

"There is no try, only do"

-Jedi Master Yoda

arite ob1, i was gonna let it slide, but that quote in your profile is just wrong. the quote is "no, try not. do, or do not. There is no try."

-----------------------------------------
    A Jedi feels the Force flowing through him..

O-B 1 ... I gotta call you out man. I have a hyperdyne blade and I was speaking to Jim about repairs on it if anything happened to it (given that it is so expensive and I'm probably not going to be buying alot of them) and I mentioned what you had said earlier in the this post about your broken hyperblade and he said no one has ever contacted him about any broken blade and he has never heard of you before. He stated that he has never quoted anyone $80 for anything. Also, some of the other buyers have said they have had problems even due to them screwing around with the wires and trying things and they have broken it and he has repaired it for free. So before I put to much into anything you say I'm gonna need a picture of your broken hyperdyne blade. And yes it is similar to MR FX in concept.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Like I said before please don't fight over this. Without having all the info from either side you could say "he's lying" about each other until pigs fly.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Your right xwingband, I apologize ... I love Tims products and forum and I don't want to be the cause of a problem. Next time I will just ask for pics.

On topic: I just installed the Blue 5 Watt that I got from Tim ... it's awesome! Might be my favorite color to date ... not only is it SUPER bright ... but I think the number on that batch might have been close to Royal Blue because it's very Royal Blue looking. I was watching ROTS last night and compared it to the Dooku fight and it looked identical in color to Obi and Anakin's saber. I think I'm now addicted to Tim's 5 Watts ... need more! Tim, thank you! I've also got Tims sound so I'm gonna ATTEMPT to install that in the 5 Watt also. I will take some comparison pics of the Blue Hyperdyne Blade and the 5 watt Blue tonight and I'll post them on here.