Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: HyperBlade Review

Um.... Repairs cost like 150! [xx(] Just to replace that little bit at the top! Not a good deal at all. Jim does have bright blades, but they come at a very steep price. (No pun intended) I should have just bought a 5 watt or something from Tim... Haven't been in contact with him at all... should drop him a line any time soon. HyperDyne blades are fun to look at or to give your collection a little bit more flair. But serious, Luke vs DV dueling is not recommended.

The person who broke it offered to pay 2/3 of the replacement cost.

"There is no try, only do"

-Jedi Master Yoda

Hmm... interesting...

Yeah, the Hyper Blades sure do appear to be a heckuva lot brighter, but at the cost of dueling (and the vast majority of your wallet).

So... we're sticking to Luxeons at this point, eh?

Hmm... Jim offered to fix it for 80. Not worth it. I am just going to get a 5 watt. Than we will see whether the hyperblade is better or not.

-Jedi Master Yoda

From those pics, it looks like the joints where one LED array starts and the other ends is pretty noticable. Are they that noticable in real life?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by O-B 1

Um.... Repairs cost like 150! [xx(] Just to replace that little bit at the top! Not a good deal at all. Jim does have bright blades, but they come at a very steep price. (No pun intended) I should have just bought a 5 watt or something from Tim... Haven't been in contact with him at all... should drop him a line any time soon. HyperDyne blades are fun to look at or to give your collection a little bit more flair. But serious, Luke vs DV dueling is not recommended.

The person who broke it offered to pay 2/3 of the replacement cost.

-Jedi Master Yoda
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

O-B 1,

Do you have pics of your broken Hyperblade?

Mark Cheng

Yeah, I would like to see pics of this as well.

-Kyp

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Mark, thanks for actually signing your name and using a familiar handle. At least I know it's you instead of Hyper lurking here. ([:X])

Do not turn this into a who's not lying and not thread.[]

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Hyper/Jim can come visit and read the forums all he wants. When it comes to other vendors all I want to see is comments about the products and not the person.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

you dont know the POWER, of the dark side!

<center></center>

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Oh Tim , you had me at "visit and read" ... or was it "all I want to see", I can't remember.

Hey, I know some people have been interested to see a comparison between Hyperdyne's blade and a 5 watt ... I ordered some more parts including a Blue 5 watt from Tim recently ( which he shipped very promptly ... very cool that he gets the orders out so quickly, Thank You Tim! Best saber shop in town! ) ... anyway ... as soon as I get my Blue 5 watt and my Blue Hyperdyne blade all hooked up I'll take some comparison shots ... I guess I'll post them here since it's a Hyperdyne review thread ... unless someone thinks I should post it somewhere else ... let me know.