Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: White + Filters Vs. others

And not to threadjack but Obi-Dar, how did you do that with the tip of your blade? I really want even lighting like that in mine...

Im really liking my Seoul P4... I went with the red and am nothing but pleased. I know its not filtered but I see a lot of "the only good seould is a white seoul" statements and if the Lux is that much brighter than wow its bright.

pics for reference.

Stock MR blade sander with stock diffuser

Stock MR blade sanded with about 10ft of dollar store poly giftwrap and a mirrored disk on the cap cut just a touch smaller than the ID to allow for light to pass around and illuminate the cap a bit.

this pic was taken earlier in the day and there was more natural ambient light so it may appear a bit dimmer
    Last edited by Mobius; 12-14-2009 at 09:49 PM.

Certainly not an expert, but the 10ft. of poly may be a bit of overkill. From what I've read you may be losing some brightness/evenness due to that. Maybe try cutting it back to about 6 ft. and see if you get better results. Just a thought.

4 ft will not provide a really noticeable difference in brightness, in terms of dimming the blade.
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Ummm....sure it will. It increases the opacity of the blade. In most of my blades I now use around 4ft total or less depending on color.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Ehh, I scaled it back to 7.5 ft because I had 4 30 inch sheets I just removed one.

It seems brighter and I am happy with it. Ill leave it as is.

with flash

Without

Now I really feel like Im threadjacking (Apologies OP)

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    Ummm....sure it will. It increases the opacity of the blade. In most of my blades I now use around 4ft total or less depending on color.
    I'll second this...4 feet is usually all it takes. Especially if you're using another diffusion method like the stock diffuser in an MR blade, or Tim's diffuser or blade film.

For a clear blade, with just polypropylene in it, I'll usually use about 6 feet.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Default Question on filters

The standard TCSS filters, are they good? I was going to also get a white p4 and use the purple filter from here and I was also wondering if that was any good. Thanks for the info. Pics would be nice too.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Some of the Store filters are better than others.

I hate to say that you will not get a very good purple with them.

Take everyone's advice and get a Lee Filters Swatch book. You won't be sorry.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!