Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Luke ANH Conversion

Default Luke ANH Conversion

Hey guys, i have a Luke ANH saber by MR, and i was wondering would the anakin kit work for the luke. Thanks!
    Jedi, the good of the Galaxy!

i think i heard somewhere that it wont. but idk...so dont listen to me lol
    So let it be written, So let it be done.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

No, it won't work. The holes are all in the wrong spots.

I think it's possible to convert it, but you have to stick with the original plastic blade holder, and re-use the empty MR blade. It would have to be a show piece. You couldn't duel with it.

awhile ago tim did a wish list thread and a Luke ANH conversion kit was on noted on there. havent heard anything new since then.
    ABANDON ALL HOPE, YE WHO ENTER HERE!
    Canto III of Dante's Inferno

Beware the Power of The Pope!

He updated the wish list thread and has written "not going to happen" after the entry. I'm a little disappointed and curious why as there continue to be conversion kits for sabers that are no longer made and the Obi TPM kit came out within weeks of the saber's release.

Quote Originally Posted by yell0w_lantern View Post
    He updated the wish list thread and has written "not going to happen" after the entry. I'm a little disappointed and curious why as there continue to be conversion kits for sabers that are no longer made and the Obi TPM kit came out within weeks of the saber's release.
    You know i was wondering the same thing. i mean there are plenty of people that i have seen on these forums ask about a conversion kit for the ANH. i mean the demand is DEFFINATLY there. so why not make it?

Tim said because of the way MR did the blade holder in the first place it would be a pain to replicate.

I wanted a kit too. If we can get together the id of the ANH hilt then he said he can let us know if one of the other blade holders is close enough to be useable. Obviously it won't look the same, but I m not bothered about that.

I don't have my Luke ANH to hand at the moment, but if someone can measure the ID then we can see.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

I will have an answer for this question soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Invisas1979 View Post
    Tim said because of the way MR did the blade holder in the first place it would be a pain to replicate.

I wanted a kit too. If we can get together the id of the ANH hilt then he said he can let us know if one of the other blade holders is close enough to be useable. Obviously it won't look the same, but I m not bothered about that.

I don't have my Luke ANH to hand at the moment, but if someone can measure the ID then we can see.
    I just picked up a Luke Skywalker ANH HFX today. It's in my lap right now. So since it's not taken apart, I can't measure any id's properly... I'm not even sure what you are needing. Wouldn't the ID for the part in question be about the same as the OD of the MR/HFX blade?

I'm pretty bummed to find that there is no kit for it. I had looked at the thread with all of the tutorials on it and saw the selection and just asumed that there was one. If a kit was available I'd definately buy it. I think luke's looks a lot better than anakin's, those are the only two I have right now.

I'm going to have to study a few conversion tutorials... Is it at all possable to use the brass Graflex top found in the store to use as some additional parts to work with? Does anyone know if it's OD is the same as lukes?

Quote Originally Posted by felix142 View Post
    Has anyone asked Tim if the led graflex blade holder fits? As long as the holes line up I'm sure that thickness issues could be addressed by either sanding the inside of the hilt or adding tape to the blade holder.
    I don't even see that product in the store. The way that sentence sounds is that it is a product that Tim sells...

I hope a kit can be made eventually, I wanted to see cyan on this hilt!
    Last edited by Darth Copley; 12-18-2009 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Copley View Post
    I just picked up a Luke Skywalker ANH HFX today. It's in my lap right now. So since it's not taken apart, I can't measure any id's properly... I'm not even sure what you are needing. Wouldn't the ID for the part in question be about the same as the OD of the MR/HFX blade?

I'm pretty bummed to find that there is no kit for it. I had looked at the thread with all of the tutorials on it and saw the selection and just asumed that there was one. If a kit was available I'd definately buy it. I think luke's looks a lot better than anakin's, those are the only two I have right now.

I'm going to have to study a few conversion tutorials... Is it at all possable to use the brass Graflex top found in the store to use as some additional parts to work with? Does anyone know if it's OD is the same as lukes?

I don't even see that product in the store. The way that sentence sounds is that it is a product that Tim sells...

I hope a kit can be made eventually, I wanted to see cyan on this hilt!
    Tim knows the o.d. of the blades already, what is needed is the inside diameter of the hilt piece itself. The hilts MR/Hasbro uses are one piece tubes, and have the same inner diameter throughout the entire hilt. I've dismantled several of these to remove their soundboards and converted them to "stunt" versions over the summer, and I never thought to measure the inside diameters on any of them. They can be converted without a "kit", you just need to re-use the original plastic blade socket that came with the saber. I used this heat sink in all of the conversions I did:
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Lu...ink--P220.aspx

There is a topic at FX-Sabers that shows you how to dis-mantle and convert the Luke ANH:
    http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=12876.0

I don't see any way to use the brass Graflex top with one of these, since the "clamp" on the FX is not really a clamp. It's just a band that is held together by the switch box. It's very thin material, and wouldn't be suitable to hold the Graflex top to it, even if you used screws to put it together.

This is the Graflex EL adapter being referred to, and it is in stock:
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/EL...pter-P142.aspx

It is machined to fit a Graflex, not an MR FX, but depending on the closeness of the I.D.'s of the two, it may fit with a bit of modification. There's also no heatsink for an led set-up, and it is also machined for a 3/4" blade.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.