I posted something regarding this a long time ago... I don't remember where it is. It was basically on the "hopelessness" of getting A) "accurate" results (in terms of what it looks like in front of your EYES)... and B) the randomness you'd have trying to "compare" saber X made by you to saber Y made by someone else.

Why? Well... not to re-iterate totally my other thread:

* LED color... bin... batch... company... quality (even within the batch)
* optics--5 deg, 10 deg, reflector, blah blah blah
* blade length
* blade width/thickness/inner wall/outer wall
* diffusion type (and in some cases "how much"--like for wraps of poly-p)
* mirror tip--is it done correctly/badly/ok/etc.
* blade socket depth--how far does blade go into hilt
* driving method (direct? driver? Enough voltage? 1A or 1.2A, etc.)

* Distance from camera
* angle of photo taken
* ambient light
* exposure
* Camera type and its CCD biasing! Some cams "favor" color spectrum X-Y vs. spectrum A-B.

Sadly... there are more, but once you take even 5 of these into consideration, you have a perfect mess in terms of trying to play "comparison" games.

In the end, you should take photos of your sabers, trying to achieve a look that YOU think "best copies" what YOU see in person... and be on your way.

I've taken photos of my sabers where they look abysmally dim... and then ones pop out that look "more like it". Whatever.

Video is a big improvement... but STILL offers some issues in messing up how things "truly look".

If someone asked my retarded opinion--I say photos are USELESS for things as dynamic as sabers... video is key. Especially if you want to give the overall feel of a saber created.

It's also one of the reasons why I set up this "challenge video" thing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zim1fByXzGQ

That's just challenge #4 (CF sabers). The point with all the challenges is to have essentially a "library" of sabers for any newcomers to take in the amazing variety, dynamics, and sheer amount of possibilities.