Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: ever use your saber as a flashlight?

ECO, me to, forget the flash light saber mafia. we are now the lantern saber mafia! proud carrier of a lantern saber.

yes i go through my halls real late sometimes and flip on the good old MR.
    if you are new these links will get you started

tutorial on ohms law!!!
    the saber building dictionary-a dictionary with basically everything about sabers!
    thread index-this is the thread index!
    the basic saber building tutorial-tutorial for making basic hilts!
    start here if new-start right here if your brand new fresh out of the factory never before opened noob!

I only tried it once, when I had to give my car a jump in the middle of the night. I couldn't find the old maglight and I always know where I can find a lightsaber. So I grabbed one and popped the hood, but when I went to clip on the wires to the battery, I was suddenly faced with two gray-colored rubber terminal boots instead of a red one and a black one.

yes, all my sabers are green, why do you ask?
    It's not how you move your saber...
    it's how you move yourself.

I've used mine many times as a flashlight. For those concerned about the retinal damage or blinding someone, what about using it as a flashlight with a blade plug? Or else make a special safety plug that will diffuse the light and still make the light usable without blinding anybody. A flashlight plug.
    Follow Your Bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Koda Vonnor View Post
    I only tried it once, when I had to give my car a jump in the middle of the night. I couldn't find the old maglight and I always know where I can find a lightsaber. So I grabbed one and popped the hood, but when I went to clip on the wires to the battery, I was suddenly faced with two gray-colored rubber terminal boots instead of a red one and a black one.

yes, all my sabers are green, why do you ask?
    Lol.
    Last night I learned that a red car under a red saber looks white.
    I was pretty confused, I wasn't sure whose car was in the driveway. Lol
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

as the wifey puts it all you have there is an over glorified flashlight with sound!
    ...YUP!

That function came in VERY useful one night when my roommate dropped something behind his dresser drawer; suffice to say my lightsaber came to the rescue, except everything back there was bathed in the SAME GREEN GLOW, so he had some trouble picking the thing out from all the other wires back there. lol

I love power outages. Gives me an excuse to whip out the lightsaber to see in the dark =DDD

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

We used my lightsaber once as a flashlight when trying to scare the bats away who would sleep on our porch.

And I used it pretty often for other illumination needs. Its the brightest stinkin flash light I have ever owned.