Thread: Luxeon colors?

Default Luxeon colors?

Hey Tim, I was wondering when the Royal Blue LuxIIIs are coming back in stock, and if you'll have a Royal Blue LuxV in the future.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Not sure..last time I checked they where a few weeks out still. Although if you buy the blues I currently have they are damn near royal blue.

P.S. Get off the forums and finish my last picture []

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Do the 5w Luxeon Blue's also appear Royal?.. does the 5w Blue illuminate that much better than the 3w? I selected a green 5w since it has the most lumens, but I typically prefer blue. []

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Ambo

Is that an Xwing I hear vectoring in for a bombing run?

<center></center>

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Albert Einstein
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Nah, the questions are pretty logical though. The Blue, is blue blue, otherwise he'd have specified it was a Royal blue... but as Tim had to address recently, colors are not exact with LEDs.

The difference is 30 to 48 lumens so yes, it's brighter.[8D]

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Thats the correct the current Blues I have are bin 1's which are pretty much almost a Royal blue.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Hmm... so both the LuxIII and Vs are those bin 1 Blue-almost-royal blue LEDs?

The 3w's are..I would have to check on the 5w.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

i know it has been asked, at least i think it may have, anyways, tim, will the lux 5's work ok, heatsinking wise, with the holders you have, all of them, or just certain ones, and would it be a good idea to do as i have for lux 3's and add a dot of artic silver under it? will this be enough then to keep it from overheating with your holders?

dont beat me up if its already been said. i recently just seen you have some in stock. and though of swapping out the one i have in my graflex. thats why i ask.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...