Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hi! Just set up my first MHS.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Unless he actually messed up the threads in the blade holder.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Unless he actually messed up the threads in the blade holder.
    Which it sounds like he did, the only option there is to drill and tap a larger hole. 10-32 for instance if he originally used an 8-32. Otherwise its time for a new BH...
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Quote Originally Posted by Shadar Al'Niende View Post
    Which it sounds like he did, the only option there is to drill and tap a larger hole. 10-32 for instance if he originally used an 8-32. Otherwise its time for a new BH...
    Yup. That's the problem. Also, if I was to sand down the inside of the emitter any more (I already have a bit to try and help the issue) it won't hold blades very well at all. Le sigh.

Le sigh.
    Haha...
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Quote Originally Posted by Mercuttio View Post
    Yup. That's the problem. Also, if I was to sand down the inside of the emitter any more (I already have a bit to try and help the issue) it won't hold blades very well at all. Le sigh.
    I thought you'd say that. How about drilling another hole and re tapping on the opposite side and have a set screw in the original hole to fill it. Or drill holes equidistant all the way around and have the thumb screw on the other side?

Seem a waste to get a new one when you could just be creative.

Sanding the inside wont increace the id of the blade holder, it'll just deburr the thread in side. I did this with my maul conversion and it looks quite cool IMO
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

I agree there shouldn't be enough change on the id of the emitter to cause the blades to be loose. Although, it kind of depends on what exactly happened to the emitter...did the burr leave some scratches on the inside of the emitter or are they more like gouges?
    Mike Spurgeon SL-3412 Star Garrison

"The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner; now *I* am the master."

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Securis View Post
    I agree there shouldn't be enough change on the id of the emitter to cause the blades to be loose. Although, it kind of depends on what exactly happened to the emitter...did the burr leave some scratches on the inside of the emitter or are they more like gouges?
    Like... gouges. It's not pretty. And I'd really rather not have two holes, I might screw in the wrong one.

ouch...sorry to hear that.
    Mike Spurgeon SL-3412 Star Garrison

"The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner; now *I* am the master."

Looks good! Keep it up!
    "You've failed, Your Highness. I am a JEDI, like my father before me..."

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

Word of Advice man. LUBE YOUR THREADS! they can get stuck pretty easily, just use some WD-40 or any type of thread oil. trust me you will thank me later. i had a bad experiance to were i ALMOSt had to buy a new V-grip and Number Six Blade Holder beacuse they would not come apart. luckily i was able to get them apart cleaned up the threads and applied some lubricating oil and Bingo! Never got stuck again.

other than the warning Great Saber man keep up the good work. And i know what you mean about upgrading the look and stuff over time. i allready have plans for mine.
    Last edited by Darth Vane; 11-21-2009 at 06:47 AM.
    ABANDON ALL HOPE, YE WHO ENTER HERE!
    Canto III of Dante's Inferno

Beware the Power of The Pope!