Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Saber Forge SaberSound quick change?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by sfer1 View Post
    I have a question about this board.

what resistor should I use?
    Use a buckpuck.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Actually, just use an MR board. That'll get you right.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

I got mine working finally. It takes a min of 6v and no more than 10v. I am useing a 4aaa bat. holder to get 6v with a 2.2ohm 5 watt resistor on the led but it runs the bats. dwn quick. This board does not regulate power at all. I am planing on getting a buckpuck when Tim gets them in. I also am going to switch to a set of trustfire aa bats. and a recharge port when I get more time.

I also got one working fine with a 7.4V Li-Ion pack, a royal blue Luxeon III (3-Watts, obviously), and a 3.9-Ohm, 5-Watt resistor.

I'm not sure Saberforge is getting a fair shake here. It is version 1.0, after all. But his silence has not helped smooth the ruffled feathers. Good communication goes a long way.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to version 1.5.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

He's not getting the fair shake, cause he rushed a product to the market without doing his homework on it, and getting the info out to his customers. The customers had to figure out the faults of the board and find ways to compensate for them. Then he chooses to basically drop off the face of the planet when he has customer service issues. Bad business. I think it was great that he got this board together, but it was rushed and there was no follow through.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Sounds like Vista.. or ME..

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I agree with Fender, he should have done more testing before sendign the boards out to customers. At least he should have supportive of the problems people were having with the boards. I do believe that his board does have potential and with more testing and upgrading a few features it would be a good product. I believe customer service should ALWAYS be the highest priority in any business, more so in making and selling products in a specialty field like lightsabers. I think if saberforge would start being more supportive, even at this point, he could build up his reputation.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Its a cash-cow...

doesnt matter HOW busy you are.. you should always have time to post (at least in general) about the status of things...and to re-assure and inform the community in which just lined your pockets!.

its not about 'ideas'.. everyone has ideas.. its about making them a reality.. and having some QUALITY CONTROL behind your business/product.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xl97 View Post
    or ME..
    Wait... Have you made a soundboard??
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

LOL..nice play, but rest assured, I would never 'sell' anything that wasnt tested, supported, or the end user KNEW what they were getting into BEFORE hand....and still wanted said 'product' to play/develop with..etc..